I've just been robbed - a.k.a I had my car serviced at dealer (Long Post).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Worst place/ Best place

Tiggers Brabus service looks more tempting.

If you have a MB FSH and own a W202 C class estate, check the seam on the inside lower edge of the tailgate for rust before abandoning your 30 year corrosion warranty. You have to open the tailgate and shield your eyes if you're outside, but mine was rusting all the way along. New tailgate fitted without question in my case.

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but ....

When you reach over 13,300 or 13,600 its automatically a B service.

Really? My (new) CLK is now at 1400mls, and reporting 3500mls until the first A service. Surely COMAND is intelligent enough to know that >13600mls = B service, so why is it still saying that an A service is due?

Is it just another dealership scam, or is this actually documented somewhere? I've had a (very) quick read of the service manual and don't see anything that says it should jump to a B service. I though the point of ASSYST is that it varies the service interval based on driving style/start-ups etc etc, and as I do mosly motorway miles, that's why my first service is around 17k? (the car's 6 months old).

I'm not doubting you, I just need to write-off any spare cash in July if what you say is right!

erm, correct me if i'm wrong....

Wouldnt it be better to buy the brakes etc if you knew they needed doing before the B Service and have them fitted? Buy original Merc parts. I have my local mechanic who will change discs and pads for £45 for me, all in.

Then just let MB do the barebone service, get ur stamp and run. If they ring you and say "sir, your brakes need changing" just laugh and tell them to go F***.

BimMerc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom