Jail For Driver Who Filmed Himself At 192mph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's the bit I don't understand, the article says "he's not seen in any of the clips and he denied he was driving". There must be some evidence or is it a case of he wouldn't report who was driving so they assume it's him. Isn't that how it works if you're caught on a speed camera?

Do you think those are the only video clips?

Do you think that if they took the clips from his phone...it might tie him to the offence...unless he routinely lends his phone to people for the purpose of videoing their exploits?

Denying it was him was his only defence...but in the end you know it and I know it and he certainly knows it...he was lying...or, perjuring himself.

Personally, I have no videos on my phone made by other people...and I suspect it would be easy to distinguish between what was made on the phone and was downloaded to the phone.

200 would have sounded so much better...

Driving with one hand at 200MPH while passing other vehicles and filming with the other hand? What an irresponsible idiot! Idiots like these end family's lives because they are too full of themselves and think they are 007 or something. He got way too little. People like this pisses me off to no end.

I know this type of opinion may not be popular in a car forum. But honestly. I like speed as much as the next guy. But if you are such a hot shot, tack your car to the track!

Idiot!

And it was in Germany so all legal :cool:

But at the end of the day you have done nearly 200mph on a public road yet you are judged not to be an idiot.

The guy in question does exactly the same yet he is judged to be an idiot amongst other things.

The difference... a sign saying it's legal!

Distilled down to a psychological level that is not logical!! However without that sort of thinking these type of forums would be empty I guess :D

PS Not having a go at you flango, just using your post as an example!

Indeed. When we drive to Germany, as you pass from one country to the next a speed that was legal and 'safe' suddenly becomes illegal and 'dangerous' the moment you pass the border marker, because the NSL has changed! Yet you are in the same car on the same road in the same traffic conditions ...

Indeed. When we drive to Germany, as you pass from one country to the next a speed that was legal and 'safe' suddenly becomes illegal and 'dangerous' the moment you pass the border marker, because the NSL has changed! Yet you are in the same car on the same road in the same traffic conditions ...

Yes exactly, and the reaction to anyone caught on the NSL reduced side of the border at say 150mph from many would be to denounce them as being a complete d**khead yet 5 minutes previous on the other side of the border and they were all cool.

It's a fascinating insight into the way the brains of some work!

But at the end of the day you have done nearly 200mph on a public road yet you are judged not to be an idiot.

The guy in question does exactly the same yet he is judged to be an idiot amongst other things.

Distilled down to a psychological level that is not logical!! However without that sort of thinking these type of forums would be empty I guess :D

There is a difference in that it is legal in one place and not in the other , but there is also a difference in the expectations and behaviour of other road users : whilst on the German autobahn , other drivers are reasonably accustomed to vehicles travelling at high speed , so they tend to look properly before changing lanes ; here in the UK not so many people travel significantly above the NSL , so a lot of people will only take a cursory glance in their mirrors or over their shoulders and aren't really looking to check a mile or more back for something closing at really high speed - hence such speeds become unsafe on our roads when in the vicinity of other traffic . A completely empty road may be another matter , but you still have to watch out for covert enforcement .

I no longer feel comfortable at speeds over 120/130 or so, even shallow undulations in the road unbalance the car significantly.

There is a difference in that it is legal in one place and not in the other , but there is also a difference in the expectations and behaviour of other road users : whilst on the German autobahn , other drivers are reasonably accustomed to vehicles travelling at high speed , so they tend to look properly before changing lanes ; here in the UK not so many people travel significantly above the NSL , so a lot of people will only take a cursory glance in their mirrors or over their shoulders and aren't really looking to check a mile or more back for something closing at really high speed - hence such speeds become unsafe on our roads when in the vicinity of other traffic . A completely empty road may be another matter , but you still have to watch out for covert enforcement .

Agreed, but that's not really what I am getting at. It's the way people react to such news is my beef.

On a personal level I think 192mph is a bit crazy anywhere where there might be other drivers given the fact that a mandatory IQ test is not required in order to be able to drive a car, but that's just me.

However I am not really inclined to brand anyone doing it as akin to criminal of the century the way many do on such mediums as this forum.

The fact that the same speed on the same type of roads is perfectly legal in one place and not another is clearly at least slightly illogical as is branding the driver doing it in one place as opposed to another a complete moron or worse!

The fact that the same speed on the same type of roads is perfectly legal in one place and not another is clearly at least slightly illogical as is branding the driver doing it in one place as opposed to another a complete moron or worse!

Given you can in one country and can't in another, I'm wondering where in the UK we could have derestricted sections, or for that matter stretches with 100mph limits. All things considered, including attitudes and abilities of UK drivers, I'm thinking nowhere.

But in Europe the NSL changes (for example) from 130 to 120 kph at some borders. So one minute you are legal at 130 kph and the next you're not. Nothing else has changed ... you are amongst the same drivers in the same cars on the same motorway!

And it was in Germany so all legal :cool:

School teacher Jeremy Forrest received a 5.5-year prison sentence and will have to sign the sex offenders’ register for life, for having an affair and running away with his 15-years old student.

My Italian relations were shocked and astonished on hearing this, pretty much in the same way that we responded on hearing that 74-years old Karl Andree was sentences to 350 lashes in Saudi for having been caught with wine in his car.

The message to Shaun Davis is simple: You can't do it over here mate...

No the difference is I'm a trained racing driver instructor who has raced 30 years at professional and testing level. :D

Given you can in one country and can't in another, I'm wondering where in the UK we could have derestricted sections, or for that matter stretches with 100mph limits. All things considered, including attitudes and abilities of UK drivers, I'm thinking nowhere.

Yes in the UK you are probably right, driving standards seem to be at an all time low and the road system is quickly becoming 2nd class!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom