Just aquired this.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Any "Just stop oil" protesters should probably look away now!

I had cut back from taking part in two of my hobbies (Fly fishing and some autumn /winter shooting) over the last couple of years but decided to revive my interest.

This posed a problem insofar that most of the places I needed to get to have difficult access (especially in autumn etc) in the E Class or MX5 and the RR was often in use dragging the 500 kg of glue on legs around for madams equestrian persuits.

So I began to look for something suitable to get down the unmade roads, rough tracks etc and be a pleasant daily driver but couldn't really find anything that appealed. Then, two weeks ago, I was behind a car that I liked the look of but knew virtually nothing about.

Some investigations showed good reviews so I began looking online and found an example within 20 miles!

Looked at and drove it last week and picked it up yesterday.

Overall very impressed. The interior space is excellent for a relatively short car, boot space is woofer friendly , it is very well equipped, has lively performance from the 2 litre turbocharged petrol engine , good handling and a firm but comfortable ride and variable 4 wheel drive.

It had only covered 40,000 miles, has full dealer service history and came with a fresh and advisory free MOT along with 4 brand new good quality tyres 👌

I will keep the E for now as it is still a very nice car to drive even at 172,000 miles and for it's age is in very good order..

Attachments

• eyJrZXkiOiJuZHN0b2NrL2ltYWdlcy9zdG9jay82NjkyODA3ZmRkNzJlYzM3NTM1NzYwNGYwMWQ3NjRlZmMzYzBkMzY1L...jpeg
    eyJrZXkiOiJuZHN0b2NrL2ltYWdlcy9zdG9jay82NjkyODA3ZmRkNzJlYzM3NTM1NzYwNGYwMWQ3NjRlZmMzYzBkMzY1L...jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 62
  • eyJrZXkiOiJuZHN0b2NrL2ltYWdlcy9zdG9jay82NjkyODA3ZmRkNzJlYzM3NTM1NzYwNGYwMWQ3NjRlZmMzYzBkMzY1L...jpeg
    eyJrZXkiOiJuZHN0b2NrL2ltYWdlcy9zdG9jay82NjkyODA3ZmRkNzJlYzM3NTM1NzYwNGYwMWQ3NjRlZmMzYzBkMzY1L...jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 62
    24.3 KB · Views: 63
Looks good!

boot space is woofer friendly

The only potential issue with SUV style cars is the height of the boot floor as dogs get older. Small ones can be lifted in and out if necessary, but a female friend of mine had a RAV4 and a 65 kg Newfoundland :D

Looks good!

The only potential issue with SUV style cars is the height of the boot floor as dogs get older. Small ones can be lifted in and out if necessary, but a female friend of mine had a RAV4 and a 65 kg Newfoundland :D
Bailey (Retriever) is 11 but still active and can jump 👍

He has had issues with mild arthritis but our Vet has that under control. The arthritis was one reason why I cut back on shooting. He loved to come with me and leaving him behind made him sad.

He still gets excited at the smell of gun oil😂😂

We have a 14 year old Collie that can still jump into the top cages of our Vito (via a pull-out deck at the bottom). Problem is that her vision (and hearing) isn't great, so she's tried to do it a few times now when the cage door has been shut:fail: . Bless her.

1685701514426.png

1685701705432.png

Looks good!

There are ramps for that....

Any "Just stop oil" protesters should probably look away now!

I had cut back from taking part in two of my hobbies (Fly fishing and some autumn /winter shooting) over the last couple of years but decided to revive my interest.

This posed a problem insofar that most of the places I needed to get to have difficult access (especially in autumn etc) in the E Class or MX5 and the RR was often in use dragging the 500 kg of glue on legs around for madams equestrian persuits.

So I began to look for something suitable to get down the unmade roads, rough tracks etc and be a pleasant daily driver but couldn't really find anything that appealed. Then, two weeks ago, I was behind a car that I liked the look of but knew virtually nothing about.

Some investigations showed good reviews so I began looking online and found an example within 20 miles!

Looked at and drove it last week and picked it up yesterday.

Overall very impressed. The interior space is excellent for a relatively short car, boot space is woofer friendly , it is very well equipped, has lively performance from the 2 litre turbocharged petrol engine , good handling and a firm but comfortable ride and variable 4 wheel drive.

It had only covered 40,000 miles, has full dealer service history and came with a fresh and advisory free MOT along with 4 brand new good quality tyres 👌

I will keep the E for now as it is still a very nice car to drive even at 172,000 miles and for it's age is in very good order..
Very nice. At this rate there will be as many Beemers on here as Mercs.

Very nice. At this rate there will be as many Beemers on here as Mercs.
No idea what to do with the MB. Do not need 4 cars...... 😂

Apart from needing a Headlamp control unit (courtesy of a Transit driver who drove through a flooded road too quickly and sent a bow wave over the bonnet that goosed the drivers side headlight) it went through the MOT with no advisories at just under 173,000 miles.

It has had 4 new Goodyear tyres in the last 6 months, a new Bosch battery 2 months ago, new front pads and discs 2 weeks ago, a recent service and an EGR (no DPF fitted!) last year etc

I would have no idea as to it's value so might put it up for sale and see what transpires or just keep it!

There are ramps for that....

Certainly, but it's another bit of clutter to carry around and many SUVs have small-ish boots to start with (because of wheel arch intrusion).

No idea what to do with the MB. Do not need 4 cars...... 😂

Apart from needing a Headlamp control unit (courtesy of a Transit driver who drove through a flooded road too quickly and sent a bow wave over the bonnet that goosed the drivers side headlight) it went through the MOT with no advisories at just under 173,000 miles.

It has had 4 new Goodyear tyres in the last 6 months, a new Bosch battery 2 months ago, new front pads and discs 2 weeks ago, a recent service and an EGR (no DPF fitted!) last year etc

I would have no idea as to it's value so might put it up for sale and see what transpires or just keep it!
Sounds like the sort of car it makes more sense to keep than sell. It’ll be worth buttons to anyone else - and they’ll try to knock you down to even fewer buttons - but it’ll undoubtedly be worth much much more to you. It’ll probably cost you little to keep as a standby so I’d do that if you have the space available.

Sounds like the sort of car it makes more sense to keep than sell. It’ll be worth buttons to anyone else - and they’ll try to knock you down to even fewer buttons - but it’ll undoubtedly be worth much much more to you. It’ll probably cost you little to keep as a standby so I’d do that if you have the space available.
My thoughts exactly.

We have plenty of space and insurance and RFL cost under £2 a day 👍

I’m not usually a fan of BMW interiors but I think I could get used to that 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

We have a 14 year old Collie that can still jump into the top cages of our Vito (via a pull-out deck at the bottom). Problem is that her vision (and hearing) isn't great, so she's tried to do it a few times now when the cage door has been shut:fail: . Bless her.

View attachment 141670

View attachment 141671
Very nice we Border collies 3 all female 1 at 15.3/4 yrs 1 at 15 yrs and the terror at &yrs won 3 first at show yesterday with daughter who runs her will show her she got a Kuga at moment

Very nice we Border collies 3 all female 1 at 15.3/4 yrs 1 at 15 yrs and the terror at &yrs won 3 first at show yesterday with daughter who runs her will show her she got a Kuga at moment

We have eight border collies, a collie cross, and a sheltie - hence the van :D

We have eight border collies, a collie cross, and a sheltie - hence the van :D
Lol you are brave I love ours to bits it`s bad enough having 1 that rules and 2 ladys never mind 10,
Daughter would given chance FEJW0804.JPG that`s her when she was little she not changed still want`s cuddles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom