Loading mp3 files to music register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard hall

Not sure what I am doing wrong here so can anybody help?
I have loaded several normal CDs onto my music register (2008 W204) by converting them to mp3 on a laptop. They work fine. For the first time ever (guess my age) I have downloaded an album as an mp3 file from a legitimate website. This plays fine on the computer and can be transferred to another computer as an mp3 file on a dvd. However when I try to load it from the same dvd onto the music register it says it has copied but I can not find it. When I look at the folders on the register it looks as though it has simply created another identical folder with the previously loaded files on it. The new album is nowhere to be seen.
Anyone able to help?

RH

The music register will not play DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected files. Some of the older songs downloaded from iTunes, for example, are protected so cannot be played. As far as I know, all iTunes files are now DRM free so should play fine.

Thanks but does that apply to a new album bought from play.com? I expected to be able to move that around like a cd
RH

It might. Right click the mp3 file and in properties it should tell you if its a protected file. I can only assume it is if its not shown in your music register.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom