M42 and M6....what's with the cameras? (or lack of)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
“It’s also important for people to know than even when no speed is displayed, meaning the national 70mph limit is in place, the roadside cameras remain in operation to enforce that limit.”

I think the message there is primarily that the cameras are active even when the NSL applies ... as is the case on the M25 and other motorways. Of course they'd like you to believe that you could be ticketed (against ACPO guidelines) for 70.1 mph, but I seriously doubt that would be the case. Motorways are statistically our safest roads so hard to justify tighter limits than apply to GATSOs etc. enforcing the limits on A and B roads.

Colleague has a pending for 102 on the M25

Did he only trip the one camera? Lucky if so ...

Anecdotally the M25 ones were said to trigger at 100 mph when the NSL applied. I would treat any camera with caution nowadays though.

I went through the M25 jcts 23 - 17 as I do daily, 85ish, no flashes yet and haven't had any ever, this is with no speed limit displayed on the led signs.

I went through the M25 jcts 23 - 17 as I do daily, 85ish, no flashes yet and haven't had any ever, this is with no speed limit displayed on the led signs.

Are those HADECS 3 cameras yet though?

I can remember a guy called Dave who sometimes used to drive through them at 95mph in the late 90s and never heard anything when the lower limits were not in force.

Are those HADECS 3 cameras yet though?

I can remember a guy called Dave who sometimes used to drive through them at 95mph in the late 90s and never heard anything when the lower limits were not in force.
Yup, they're the yellow ones on poles at the sides of gantries with 3x cameras on a pole positioned approx 100 yards before the gantry. HADECS 3

This is the famous m25 carpark we are talking about here? How on earth are you doing 85???? Is that metres per hour?

This is the famous m25 carpark we are talking about here? How on earth are you doing 85???? Is that metres per hour?

Haha!! I commute off peak, the up side of shift work, rarely encounter traffic...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom