Maserati Quattroporte - Am I Mad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
SPX said:
Coming from a 911 owner, I'll take that as a compliment. :D

Heeeey!

This is beauty.

Seriously though if you really want it, go for it, it's only a car, what's the worse that can happen? It's not like you're getting married here lol ;)

If you want one, go for it. You're only here once.
My brother in law owns one. Sounds gorgeous, looks the business but the build quality is not the best according to him. He is comparing it to a Bentley Continental GT and a Porsche Carrera GT though.
As mentioned in another post, a warranty is a must.
Here are a couple of bad photo of the one he owns.
20141202_135401_zps0b203f27.jpg

20141202_135354_zpsadde6b39.jpg

Sorry about the orientation of the photos:fail

Your biggest issue might not be running it or even worrying if it's going to empty your wallet but moving it on once you want your next Range Rover.

To be honest, you've hit the biggest nail on the head; when it comes to sell, how long will it take? That's probably my biggest worry but I doubt they'll be losing much more money anytime soon because the prices have bottomed out in the past year or two and it is rare to find a rough one, most are in very good condition.

Heeeey!

This is beauty.

My eyes! My eyes! Make it stop! :D

Germans just don't make beautiful cars, there may be the odd one per decade but that's it, well to my eyes anyway!

you are clearly man of taste, so perhaps the QP is 'beautiful' after all :D
I'm not just saying this but for me it's the best looking Mercedes in living memory (who did design it?), coupled with the best engine and it's a pretty unbeatable package.

Pininfarina I think.

Are you mad? Absolutely not. If you want a regret that lasts the rest of your life, don't get it.

Yes, better to have loved and lost than never loved at all... or so I've heard. :D

Yes, better to have loved and lost than never loved at all... or so I've heard. :D

With my record with cars that are meant to be reliable actually being unreliable and then vice versa, a Maserati should really be a beacon of reliability!

SPX said:
People say this to me but there's nothing that "unreliable" about them after much research; it's just the wear and tear parts are more than what this cars rivals are. AMG's/M/RS cars are high volume models with big powerful engines stuffed in them so the rest of the car is similar in remedial costs.

Thing is, you need 5 seats so a cls55 won't do which is a great shame but if you need to scratch that itch. Do it. Then let me know as I also want to scratch the itch of these mighty saloon cars. I remember seeing a maroon coloured one with Ivory leather when I was about 17. I just fell in love with the class it oozed! The Italian prestige just seems to be very desirable to me.

If you have an unlimited cheque book then go for it.

I would rather have a car that spends less time and money being repaired.

If you have an unlimited cheque book then go for it.

I would rather have a car that spends less time and money being repaired.
You're a bit of a knob when it comes to other peoples car choices or compliments towards the cars aren't you.
Like your comment on the E63.

You're a bit of a knob when it comes to other peoples car choices or compliments towards the cars aren't you.
Like your comment on the E63.

Some people just have good taste. :bannana:

Also I assumed the OP was being sarcastic about that E63.

I don't like the E63 as to me it's just a box on wheels. I have the cash but would never buy one.

Last edited:
Lee, if any man can find the QP a new home when the love affair reaches it's natural end, then it's you! Go for it, enjoy it, and never regret it. No matter what :thumb:

Some people just have good taste. :bannana:

Also I assumed the OP was being sarcastic about that E63.

I don't like the E63 as to me it's just a box on wheels. I have the cash but would never buy one.
You know something , I can semi understand what you're saying. But get up close with it, it's actually very menacing and butch. Get it on the road and it will blow your mind. Your 209 is still one of the nicest looking mercs made.

I really do not like the look of these. Cant put my finger on it, just doesn't look right to me.

They sound amazing though........

Cant be much more than an AMG to run surely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom