• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

MB WIS & EPC workshop guide and parts (using for Vito Van)

pfarre10

Car
Vito 113cdi blueff
Hi all.

Posted a few threads and realised everyone else seems to have access to knowledge I don't.

Bit of internet trickery later I've installed the MB WIS & EPC.

40gb in size I'm assured it knows everything about every vehicle made!

Problem is its like photoshop to operate.
I'm sure the answers to all my queries are there, just brain surgery may be needed to intuitively navigate the vast amounts of data.

Does anyone have any tips on getting straight to what your looking for?

Personally I've bought it to look up wiring and part no's for options that weren't fitted to my van from the factory, so as to retro fit.

First problem here is when i enter my chassis no, it knows i'm not supposed to have nice shiny bits off, say the sport models for example. So I cant see part no's for stuff thats standard fit in them.#

Any thoughts would be appeciated

cheers

paul.

To find all options fitted but not specific to your Vin go to 'Options - Filter - untick all the boxes - OK. That will allow you to view all part Nos for that vehicle e.g. Vito. You'll still have to know what parts you're looking for all the same.

There isn't a "Find shiny wheels for my mobile knocking-shop" function ;):D

The other direct way is to obtain the Vin from a van which does have as standard the options you're looking for.

Great, cheers for that.

Thought there'd be shortcuts somewhere, but i bet merc do weeks of training on this stuff.
Used to work for zanussi and you were longer on the guide than you were fixing the thing!

Welcome.

Another handy one is if you have a part number and want to know which/all models it was fitted to go to:

Search - Part - Part without Vehicle Data - type in your part number after the 'A' - hit enter. It will give all the models and variants using that part and then if you click on the model designation (in purple) it will take you back to the EPC page for that part.

I have the genuine epc on line, its cheap enough each year, then with wis you have all you need.
Online epc is the only way with new vans etc and data card updates.

I have access since several years to EPC which only costs me a couple of €uros per year. I have looked around but can't find access to the WIS.
Can someone point the way to this?

Many thanks in advance

I have access since several years to EPC which only costs me a couple of €uros per year. I have looked around but can't find access to the WIS.

Many thanks in advance
Certainly,

I bought this from ebay (4 dvd's) where the seller claims:
"The files within this product are licensed under the terms of the GNU License, the GNU lesser Public License (LPGL) or we own the copyright. Seller has full legal right"

Make of this what you will.

the listing is;
Mercedes-Benz Vito, Viano, Vario, Sprinter, Transporter WIS EPC ASRA 1987 - 2013 | eBay

note this is for 1987-2013.

Though as mine is 2012 I think i'm covered

It did come on blank DVD's but works as stated.

paul.

Hi all.

Posted a few threads and realised everyone else seems to have access to knowledge I don't.

Bit of internet trickery later I've installed the MB WIS & EPC.

40gb in size I'm assured it knows everything about every vehicle made!

Problem is its like photoshop to operate.
I'm sure the answers to all my queries are there, just brain surgery may be needed to intuitively navigate the vast amounts of data.

Does anyone have any tips on getting straight to what your looking for?

Personally I've bought it to look up wiring and part no's for options that weren't fitted to my van from the factory, so as to retro fit.

First problem here is when i enter my chassis no, it knows i'm not supposed to have nice shiny bits off, say the sport models for example. So I cant see part no's for stuff thats standard fit in them.#

Any thoughts would be appeciated

cheers

paul.

On the EPC that I'm using; looking at the toolbar (top right), one of the icons displays the message show/modify filters when hovering over it.

Click on this icon and a box appears, click on the gold star in the box then click ok.

Doing this removes (or restores) filters so it is then possible to study parts that weren't fitted to the vehicle at the factory.

Many thanks in advance

You can purchase access to the genuine content from here:
Daimler AG - Service & Parts net

It just isn't equally inexpensive as EPC access is and they may insist your VAT-number (not for private users).

Another option is via a local MB club. The membership would include access to WIS and EPC but in a bit clumsy way.

=Another option is via a local MB club. The membership would include access to WIS and EPC but in a bit clumsy way.

Unless you have a car dont bother as several of us have found out , their access to WIS and EPC is limited to passenger cars only NOT vito , Viano ,Sprinter etc.

The best way i have found is to find a similiar vehicle with the specs you want then use this :-

https://www.audiextendedwarranty.co.uk/Login/Index

put in reg number then it gives you the VIN :D only works on some models after 2012 , but still pretty handy

Nick

Last edited:
Unless you have a car dont bother as several of us have found out , their access to WIS and EPC is limited to passenger cars only NOT vito , Viano ,Sprinter etc.

A good point. I don't use the MB club service often but I just tried and I have access to all Vitos, Sprinter vans as well as MB trucks. Could this be different for different countries or is it because I have other subscriptions that provide me full access. I was still subscribed as the club user when I tried it.

which MB club are you using to access WIS ??

We joined Official Mercedes-Benz Owners Club

enticed by the promise of free access to WIS and EPC, only to find no access to the commercial vehicles/ viano.

Nick

Official Mercedes-Benz Owner's Club me too, but not from the UK site since I come from another country and have to join locally.

I guess we all end up to the following web page from our local club pages when accessing WIS/EPC?

Note that the discussion above was about parts and EPC. I just tried and noticed that I don't have commercial vehicles for WIS via the club service. Perhaps you were referring to WIS rather than EPC?

Attachments

• Club WIS_EPC.JPG
    Club WIS_EPC.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 11
You can purchase access to the genuine content from here:
Daimler AG - Service & Parts net

It just isn't equally inexpensive as EPC access is and they may insist your VAT-number (not for private users).

Another option is via a local MB club. The membership would include access to WIS and EPC but in a bit clumsy way.

This is what I use, its cheap enough and shows data card updates.
And like you say the club has no access to the Vito or indeed the Viano.

This is what I use, its cheap enough and shows data card updates.
And like you say the club has no access to the Vito or indeed the Viano.

The Club has access to Vito and Viano at EPC but not at WIS? This is how it works for me.

The Club has access to Vito and Viano at EPC but not at WIS? This is how it works for me.

Thats right, we all joined only to find the Vito and Viano no was not covered with wis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom