MB Year shorter than earth year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yachtman

Car
clk 320cdi
Bought car new 1/9/2008

1st service 13/8/09 3 days late showing on service indicator.

2nd service 4/8/2010 2 days early on indicator

MBs year seems to be on another planet, or is there some other effect taking place?

the cabin clock keeps the correct time, so it apparently is not used to derive the lapsing of time, sowhat is?

I could understand the first year, as the car is prepared before delivery etc, but the second calls the timer to question.

I await a reply from dealer with interest

I think Leigh is correct here. With ASSYST variable servicing, the time/distance is not fixed, and is influenced by how you drive and the journeys you undertake.

The 'miles to go' varies with usage, and so does the 'time to go'.

A Sept 08 car should surely be on fixed servicing, of 1 year or 15,500 miles?

If it was variable they can go for 2 years so to twice be almost spot-on 1 year would be a remarkable co-incidence.

Where are the data stored and how does ASSYST works it out?

A Sept 08 car should surely be on fixed servicing, of 1 year or 15,500 miles?

If it was variable they can go for 2 years so to twice be almost spot-on 1 year would be a remarkable co-incidence.

yes it is. After service the dash showed 15,500 in both instances. Ihad about 4500 - 5000 mils left before it dropped to service in x days.

to quote from the service link posted above, it doesnt suggest a variable year. Service ASSYST Fixed Intervals, 2007-Onwards
Many models produced from 2007 have fixed service intervals. Services alternate from A to B and occur every 15,500miles or after one year, whichever comes sooner. These fixed service intervals make it easier for you to plan your servicing around your schedule, making it less likely for you to miss a service.

For more information on the service display, please see your Owner's Manual –Operation/Service section.

Last edited:
I guess it doesn't really matter then, but I would be miffed if the dealership noted the service was late in the service book!

My car is on variable and doesn't do many miles. The service indicator switched to days at 1yr 11mths and the days to service was spot on.

Last edited:
I don't think the time was variable even with earlier models that had FSS controlled service period, only mileage limit was variable, wasn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom