Memory Seat question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trando

Car
C63 AMG
My drivers side seat remembers everything in setting '1' but nothing in '2' and '3'. I've checked the book of words and I am pretty sure that I am following the correct procedure to make sure that the settings are remembered but it seems odd that the memory works in setting '1' but not in the others.

Anyone experience anything similar?

Thanks!!

If it's working in setting '1' then it should work in 2 and 3 if not then obviously there is a problem with it. I sugest you try and rest the device from under the seat and then try again and see what happens.

I had a problem with my passanger side memory seat on my C320 it kept draining the battery so I had to replace that, C class tend to have problems with their memory seats in my expereince.

I hope your problem is nothing serious as one of these memory seat devices can set you back about £300+ each :(

Good luck.

How do I do this?

Thanks!

Unplug ALL the sockets from the device, the device should have sockets connected to it from the front and the rear - unplug them all and wait for 5-10mins and plug them back in, hopefully this should do the trick!

Oh yeah - the key must be in the ignition and turned on one click to the right..

Last edited:
Err You should never remove a control unit while the ignition is switched on. It can damage them beyond repair.

The switch needs to be tested really. This can be done with a Star. The paramters may have to be played with.

Err You should never remove a control unit while the ignition is switched on. It can damage them beyond repair.

The switch needs to be tested really. This can be done with a Star. The paramters may have to be played with.

I done it on the E55 and it seemed to work as the seat was not going back all the way it was sticking in the middle so spoke to somebody who use to work for mercedes in Reading and thats what he told me to do and to be fair it worked, never had any problems after!! :thumb:

Am going to take a look this weekend as have been maxed out recently. I'll let you know how it goes and post up my results.

I am not comfortable with following the guide as stated, I have heard too many horror stories of SAM etc getting fried from just having a jump start, I would hate to think what could happen removing and adding these to a hot system

I might be being dumb here but if the memory is set on the cluster to be key dependant will this override any settings you try to make to the other positions 2&3?

OK - after reading all the various posts on here again, I bottled it. Will take it up with my local dealer - they can have a look. Rather than me (inevitably) screw it up... I'm under warranty so it won't cost me.

Thanks for all your contributions. I'll post back the solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom