Mercs you regret selling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmush

Car
w222 S500e PHEV 2014
Hello All

What Mercedes cars that you owned down the years do you regret selling either the second you signed the paperwork or years after ? I'll start things off ! I still miss my 88 F reg 560 SEL that I "sold" on eBay ie gave away for a pittance. What was I thinking ? It hadn't even done more than 90k miles and everything worked...

I've had 2 Mercs in the past, a C36 AMG and W203 C200 Kompressor, regretted getting rid of them both! Especially the C36! :(

A W124 300E-24v saloon I bought cheap from a friend - £1500 for an 80,000 mile car.

Traded it in for £2200 on a new car and though I had made a profit at last - probably worth £4k now :mad:

Here it is..

3372.jpg

My 1986 W201 190E it was faultless, but I fancied a bigger car. within 6 months I wished I had spent a bit of money tidying up the 190 instead of going large :crazy:

It was 17 yrs old when Is sold it and only had one blister of rust on the off side door seal. It never let me down in the 12 years I owned it and I still can't understand why I felt the need to sell it :dk:

My R129 SL500, absolutely loved that car. My avatar is made the badge of the front grill.

I have always regretted selling any Merc, however the one which was dear to my heart was my old 260E (W124) It never let me down and always hugged the road like the proverbial.

My C280 when I was 21. It was a 30,000 mile car in perfect condition. I know where it is now too.....

My 04 E500 Estate. Bought about a month before Ken Livingstone mooted a £25 a day congestion charge without a residents' discount, sold about two months before Boris (unexpectedly) won and cancelled the charge. Stunning car, I could live with the fuel consumption, but not £25 a day to use it....

My old E280. Only had it for a few months and it turned out to be a cracker, i'd bought it as a work car but circumstances changed and it had to go again:

One owner great spec and only 50k. It had a main dealer service history that read like war and peace.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm263/buccal1/E280/mediaedit2.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm263/buccal1/E280/mediaedit5.jpg

189: Green/Black Metallic
210: Black Leather
213: Speed sen. power steering
220: Parktronic
249: Auto dim. mirrors
282: Ski bag
345: Rain sens wiper
414: Electric Glass Sunroof
425: Auto 5 speed
461: Instrument with mileage reading
481: Sump Sheild
500: Electric Folding Mirrors
543: Illuminated interior mirrors
570: Front arm rest
581: Climate Control
611: Courtesy lamps
656: Ten hole alloys
807: 1997 model year

Cost me £2500.

I wish i kept it and have since tried to buy it back (twice) but the new owner isn't for selling, its needed nothing other than usual tax and ticket in the last 2 years

Last edited:
My E220 Cabriolet, every time the sun shines.

So... that's 3 days a year then.

The car that i regret selling the most would be a w123 200 in red .The car was tatty with a worn steering box and a spring sticking out of the drivers seat which wreaked most of my pants but i loved it and it never let me down .If you have one keep it .

Pretty much every one (of which they are many). I don't dare single one out.

This is a nearly sold rather than a sold. I nearly sold my first Merc, W202 C200 when I purchased my first W202 C280. However, when a push finally came to a shove, I couldn't bear to part with it. Despite the C280 having much more power and better refinement, I still really like the C200 and I am very glad I decided to keep it - it's given me over 4 years of faithful service, runs more or less like new, washes and polishes up just like new. Don't think I'll ever part with it.

Sob Sob!... My beautiful fully modded C200. Sold because it had done 93,000 faultless miles and I panicked about the mileage:( Oh the shame......

Last edited:
Sob Sob!... My beautiful fully modded C200. Sold because it had done 93,000 faultless miles and I panicked about the mileage:( Oh the shame......

That was one of the reasons I got rid of my C36. It had 88K on it and I started to worry too! That as well as it being in negative equity to the tune of £3K!

This is my first Mercedes. I can't see myself selling, simply because it does everything I want it too. However, I am thinking about getting a SL500 as well :D:D:D for the three days of sunshine that we do have. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom