ML300 BE CDI Sport - Engine Idle / Revs Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NAZ_

Car
Facelift CLK55 W209 Convertible
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this bizarre problem (at least I think it is anyway) on my recent ML purchase. It's a 59 plate with 30k and full MB history, bought from MB only a few months back.

The problem I am seeing is engine idling/revs behaviour, from cold it idles at just over 900 rpm and won't drop until a good 15 minutes of driving. When it does eventually drop to just over 800 rpm it will on occasion sit back at 900 even though the engine has warmed up. I am also seeing at times that from cold the engine will idle at just over 800 and when I roll out of the drive and accelerate a little the it idles back at 900 rpm.

As a result, I feel it is affecting the fuel economy, it barely does 20 mpg around town.

I had an 2008 ML280 CDI and don't recall this type of problem at all.

It's been back to the supplying dealer who initially suspected it maybe software related but it all checked out fine. They reset all the values but its made no difference.

I noticed this problem after MB changes the control unit to fix a glow plug issue - this was a week after I got the car and I have to admit I don't recall the issue during test drive or even the 1 week I was driving it. MB said that the control unit has nothing to do with the problem I'm describing so it may just be completely unrelated.

Any advice / help greatly appreciated !

Anyone....

This was down to a software update which was required - done by MB and no issues since then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom