• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

My 6 pot diesel from the dark side lol

Todd1983

Car
2006 B170
As well as the misses B170, I also have a 2004 BMW 330D touring Sport with manual 6sp. I sold a nigh on 500bhp Audi S4 for this car due to it ticking every box, good mpg, performance, practicality as had a large dog at the time. I also work with large diesels so made sense buying one. I couldn't believe how far modern diesels had come.

Bought it 2 years ago, had it mapped and jumped from 200bhp/300lbft to 285bhp/450lbft. Since decatted primary and secondary, stainless catback system, large fmic, egr delete. Off the road at the moment as I've pulled the injectors to have them serviced. Got a performance clutch direct from Sachs in Germany waiting to go in when I can be bothered. Ran 14.4 at pod last year but clutch was slipping. Went back on a dyno last year, but developed a top end misfire which I suspect to be a sticky injector, hence removing them all to be serviced. The pull had to be done in 3rd too due to the clutch slip, it made 290bhp/440lbft. When squirtes and clutch done should be circa 300bhp/500lbft.

Hate away lol :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
This is the old girl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 30
Ha, I also have a 330d sport but an 184hp version. I fear it's about to get scrapped though as it has developed a misfire, but so far incurable.

It was meant to be my winter track day car, have thrown nice suspension and wheels at it, but might all be for nothing.

I hope your misfire is sorted quickly and is as simple as injectors. They're good cars these E46s as long as they don't go wrong.

I had a e92 330d manual tourer. Was a weapon for a diesel in my opinion. I much prefer BMW's straight six engine over mercedes v6.

Lol had my flame suite ready for the abuse.

It's gonna get sold this year as promotion has brought a brand new ford ranger truck on order so makes no sense keeping the 330d. But it is a fantastic car. The misfire is only slight as the boost tails off, I did a leak off test and showed 2 out of 6 out of tolerances. i work as a senior engineer for a large diesel generator company so the injectors are getting done FOC on a PO lol.

Peter if you having issues, I run a uk owners 330d page on Facebook with 900 members, lots of knowledgeable guys if your stuck

Peter if you having issues, I run a uk owners 330d page on Facebook with 900 members, lots of knowledgeable guys if your stuck ��

Ah, so you're that Todd. Todd Trent to be precise lol, I'm already a member :thumb:

The group is collectively failing though on mine, it's an unusual issue. :fail

Lol yeah that's me mate. Give Glen, jake or Chris Haynes a nudge on their mate. I've just signed up here to sort a few niggles with the misses b class

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom