my inlet manifold off job

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yeah i will check that out when i have time. if possible could you have a look around that area, partularly above that plate, to see where possible leaks could orginate from?

I am actually getting my car ready for an MOT. It is the first MOT i have done on this car and i really need it to pass first time. any tips?

yeah i will check that out when i have time. if possible could you have a look around that area, partularly above that plate, to see where possible leaks could orginate from?

I am actually getting my car ready for an MOT. It is the first MOT i have done on this car and i really need it to pass first time. any tips?

|Yes - take it for a good run to get it nice and warm - give it a good thrashing to clear it out - will help the emissions test.

i am trapped in london at the moment so not sure i will have the chance to give it a thrash unfortunately!

emissions should be ok if warm running on veg???

going to check lights, indicators etc (all stuff Haynes suggests) but just wanted to know if there is anything out of the ordinary on these cars that leads to fails that is good to check before the test?

i just got mine MOT'd.

It flu through the emissions test!! the emissions were soooo low the guy shouted all his workmates over to see the machine!!!!!! :eek:

unfortunatly i had a little bit of DERV also in it aswell as the veg otherwise i believe his readings may of been 0.0% !

I believe a fuel leak is a fail - however mine passed ;) i was worried about that!!

Check that you have plenty of orange colour in the front indicator bulbs - my local tester seems to be getting picky about them for some reason.
Other than that all the usual stuff for any car - mine has passed every MOT first time - this year will be the er um 11th.

Other than that all the usual stuff for any car - mine has passed every MOT first time - this year will be the er um 11th.

Only three more to go to catch up with our trusty Fiat then...:p

I think you may have added a "t" in front of the word before Fiat?:)

I think you may have added a "t" in front of the word before Fiat?:)

And rightly so. That car was very reliable and contrary to ancient British mythology, Fiats of that age and newer don't rust at all.

I wish Mercedes would make cars of the same body protection quality.

Friend of mine has a 8 yr old Multipla owned from new 125k miles and has had very little go wrong with it still drives very well - and no rust at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom