My personal collection experience - Bremen Sept 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The car looks really nice (and the wheels!) but you don't sound too enthusiastic about it. Is the car not as good as you had been hoping for?

The car is great, no worries there at all, just did not think the personal collection was all it's cracked up to be.

Lovely car.........liking the 19's. How is the ride? On my 18`s i find it a little rough on our wonderful roads.

I note in a previous post you mentioned that the sat nav has 3d maps - could you post a pic of this is possible.

I`ve looked on my Comand (car bought 1 year ago) and can`t find a 3d option.

You also have the HK sound system - same as myself - Are you finding the rear shelf rattling a bit on higher bass?

Regards

SH

The 19" ride fine, I except that the car in set up as a sports car and as such I know that the ride is not going to be as soft as a pillow. I have noticed very little difference between the 18" and the 19". They do suit the car much better than the 18" IMO.

I believe only cars that have shipped in the last month have this option. I can only assume that it is a map update as I can't believe they have updated any hardware to support the feature. It also now does bluetooth audio streaming from ipods or other such devices.

I too found this rattle that you speak of. It is not a rattle as such IMO but the inabilty of the OEM ub unit to handle certain bass freqs. I have noticed this on 3 cars now including my own.

Hope tha helps

I think it would have made a difference if you had gone with somone to share the experience plus stretch things out a bit longer?
I would have loved to have done a personal collection of our last car & taken wife but we could not due to recently born child at the time.
Nice car & thanks for posting pics/experience
ghter is only one and wo

I had it all planned mate but they were two days later than they originaly quoted so that throuw a spanner in the works for my mate to join me plus it added £150 extra to the cost of the flight by this stage.

I would have loved to have taken the wife and little one but would have been unfair to get them to travel that distance in one day plus my Daughter is only one and would not have been able to do the tour anyway which would have cancelled it for my wife as they have a minimum age limit of 6 yrs old for the tour.

Any chance you have parked this in Tesco's Sunbury? If so, I fear I must apologise for drewling all over it, what a fantastic looking car! :) An awesome spec and colour combination that looks stunning in the flesh.

Wow what a small world, yes I have been there a few times in the last week. I wondered what that wet patch was on my bonnet.:D

Thx for the kind words, they will make the repayments eaiser to swallow each month ... lol

lol, honestly, I've seen a few of these on the road now and yours is by FAR the best I've seen, I was simply taken back by it, great choice of car sir!

lol, honestly, I've seen a few of these on the road now and yours is by FAR the best I've seen, I was simply taken back by it, great choice of car sir!

Oh stop it you making me blush:thumb:

Thanks ST13PHIL

Might just try and stretch it out 'til after the bells

For anyone considering Personal Collection of a car built at Bremen, it could be an idea to ask for the car to be transported to Sindelfingen as there is more to see (MB and Porsche Museums in Stuttgart which seems a more interesting city anyway IMO). I daresay there would be a charge but some dealers might be prepared to absorb this. It must be possible because the American's equivalent European Delivery Program always takes place in Sindelfingen regardless of model.

The downsides for some will be the models you witness being built if you do the factory tour would not be your own and the drive back looks a bit longer. The latter is only an issue if you intend coming straight back. I would feel compelled to take a detour to Paris or somewhere for a night or two to compensate the little lady for the testosterone-fest she has had to endure to that point. Stuttgart to Paris to Chunnel or ferry with a night or two rest in-between seems more civilised than packing the whole tour/collection/repatriation experience into a single day.

As gtione observed, Business Class on a 2 hour flight is much of a muchness so I would forego this in favour of some of the additional cost of my Paris (or wherever) jaunt being offset. Just a thought.

The 19" ride fine, I except that the car in set up as a sports car and as such I know that the ride is not going to be as soft as a pillow. I have noticed very little difference between the 18" and the 19". They do suit the car much better than the 18" IMO.

I believe only cars that have shipped in the last month have this option. I can only assume that it is a map update as I can't believe they have updated any hardware to support the feature. It also now does bluetooth audio streaming from ipods or other such devices.

I too found this rattle that you speak of. It is not a rattle as such IMO but the inabilty of the OEM ub unit to handle certain bass freqs. I have noticed this on 3 cars now including my own.

Hope tha helps

I have kind of sorted the HK sub rattle by squeezing a small towel into the space between the shelf and rear metal undertray under parcel shelf - accessed via holes in boot under parcel shelf - -if that makes sense.
Its a bit of trial and error to get the right position but have managed to reduce bass rattle by about 90%
Dealers solution was to tell me to put the bass level down:mad:

Enjoy the car!!!!

On a side note - going to the Paris Motor show this weekend. looking forward to seeing the new lambo (and the new CLS) - will report on return.

Car looks really nice. I really like all the new upright Merc fronts, remind me of Bull nose camaros. I have just had to cancel my factory pick up due to work commitments. The scheduled date was supoosed to be 30/11 now its 10/12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom