near death crash experiences

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep. Justice and the law have only a tenuous relationship.

When my mate was learning to drive we were all jealous (dunno why now) because he was given a brand spanking new Corsa SXi for his 17th birthday. As his Dad wasn't about that day I sat with him as the qualified :)eek:) driver. Passing through Sutton an old boy failed to give way at a crossroads and smacks into the side of us rolling the little Corsa 1 1/4 times, bounced off the bonet of an unsuspecting Hondra driver, smashing a public bench and landing driver's door to the tarmac with the top of the A pillar about 6" from the steering wheel. Besides bits of glass in our hair and being shaken up, we were both fine. It's surprisingly difficult to open a car door when it's on it's side!!

in 1970's my fathers uncle was driving in Europe somewhere in a w123, went round a bend very sharply due to an oncoming truck comin and them speeding, car rolled over and slip down an embankment into some water, uncle lost his leg, and my gran has a very large scar on the inside of her knee..

My plal rolled his E36 3 series twice with me in the car. A fence post smashed the windscreen narrowly missing my head. We landed after two roll overs onto the road with the car on its wheels. He drifted it through the corner okay, but decided to dump the clutch and it fishtailed, hit something and up in the air.

Rather than have the cops come out we drove it back to his and he scrapped it.

The funny thing was the sunroof was open and he had a hat on, and he wondered where it was. It had come out the roof on its roll. If the post had come through and hit my head it would have been death, or if a car had been coming KSI, or if it had been a tree rather than a fence before the roll over the embankment death.

Pics

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01020.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

Very lucky Steve!

Aye. We both laugh about it now and did at the time. Not a mark on either of us.

Slight lie, I had a tiny cut on my hand from broken glass from the windscreen :rock: On closer reflection I reckon we did well to get out of that one so lightly. He'd have been banned if the boys in blue were called. He drove it back with me in the back (broken glass was going to blow into my face) and then we came back with my car (X5 in the background) and picked up the bits of bumper, his missing hat and got rid of the evidence :D

For a 1.5NCAP rated car she did well, but he'd bought it for a cheap trackday car and was gonna strip it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom