New brake discs wont fit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you actually measured the diameter of both the old and new discs, as well as thickness?

If the old discs/caliper fit back on correctly and you're assembling the new discs the same way, the only logical conclusion is that the new discs are larger diameter discs. As an example, I would imagine that the V6 350 C-class has larger diameter discs than the 200, so they'll fit on the hub but the caliper won't fit. Unfortunately, regn no matching parts sites aren't always correct. If any problems, an MB dealer will supply the correct size from your VIN.

I'd be surprised if a previous owher has 'upgraded' the brakes and fitted smaller discs; larger, maybe, but not smaller.

Without sports pack . 22 mm by 288 mm

With sports pack 26 mm by 295 mm

Without amg sports pack 25mm by 295 mm

Looking at your caliper carrier id say you need 22x288 mm 😏

Have you actually measured the diameter of both the old and new discs, as well as thickness?

If the old discs/caliper fit back on correctly and you're assembling the new discs the same way, the only logical conclusion is that the new discs are larger diameter discs. As an example, I would imagine that the V6 350 C-class has larger diameter discs than the 200, so they'll fit on the hub but the caliper won't fit. Unfortunately, regn no matching parts sites aren't always correct. If any problems, an MB dealer will supply the correct size from your VIN.

I'd be surprised if a previous owher has 'upgraded' the brakes and fitted smaller discs; larger, maybe, but not smaller.
I have not measured the old ones as the edges are bad.. Rusting away bad so i didnt think id get a good measure, but i probably should have anyway. (its back on the car now).
I did think that it could be too big as it wont fit but i supplied my reg to the seller who 'confirmed' it would fit.
I agree, i dont see any reason why they would be changed.

Yeah the car is nothing special so it wouldnt have anything sporty on it.
That sounds more like it.
The ones i have i think are 28mm thick

No need to think. Its 2021 we have tape measures . 😁😁

I’d say you are correct.
the diameter is also important and easier to measure. The good news is the standard ones should be cheaper so you’ll get some money back. I assume you bought new pads, they’ll be wrong too.

Did you ask for front disk,, or rear disc,, they are not the same size backs are thinner in width . Look like fronts to me
If he can fit a rear disc on the fronts then I'm related to lord lucan.

I had a lot of agro with disc's with a jaguar i had once, when braking under pressure, it turned out that jaguar had changed the discs, the company that supplied my disc's had recalled all of them ones back which the car part shop did not send back. Then when i took them back they said i had used them so would not refund my money, in the end the manufacturing company gave me my money back. Aghh what agro, I only buy merc parts they may be a bit more expensive but you know they will fit and not crap parts. Good luck with your agro.

I had a lot of agro with disc's with a jaguar i had once, when braking under pressure, it turned out that jaguar had changed the discs, the company that supplied my disc's had recalled all of them ones back which the car part shop did not send back. Then when i took them back they said i had used them so would not refund my money, in the end the manufacturing company gave me my money back. Aghh what agro, I only buy merc parts they may be a bit more expensive but you know they will fit and not crap parts. Good luck with your agro.
I don’t think there’s any agro - he’s got the wrong discs, just needs to take them back to the shop and exchange them.

If you put your car details (not the regn no., which I don't know) into, just as an example, eurocarparts' site, as I have, it shows the 2 different sizes (front discs) for your non-sport model. It also shows the third option, cross-drilled discs for the sport model.

99.9% chance that your supplier's listing is simply incorrect and you've been given the larger size. Assuming your car us an SE or Elegance model, that is?

Two sizes for front calipers one 288mm And the other is 295mm
Cheers. I do think that is my problem.
I feel like i need the smaller size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom