New C63 owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
See you parked opposite a petrol station, i would think you will be getting quite used to visit these, love the interior but the wheels will be a PITA to keep clean.
Good luck with the car.

Thanks. Previous car was a Mondeo ST220, so I am somewhat used to petrol stations. The mpg of the C63 doesn't seem that far off what I was getting from the ST.

It's lucky I like shiny clean wheels, it's a pleasure to keep them shiny.

They are a bugger to clean, done mine on Sunday for the first time in about 2 months :eek: Looks nice in black and red :thumb:

Nice C63 - I'm also a contractor (assumed with limited company director comment?).
Had no issues with finance either which I was surprised at considering I've only being on my own for 9 months...

Enjoy the ride - Best sounding car in its class without a doubt!

Thanks. Previous car was a Mondeo ST220

We had ST220 hatch in performance blue from new in 2005. Sold it 5 years later because my wife needed an auto.

We were sorry to see it go. Not in the class of any AMG model but we loved that motor.

Hope you enjoy your new car fella.

Ant.

Happytalk73 said:
We had ST220 hatch in performance blue from new in 2005. Sold it 5 years later because my wife needed an auto. We were sorry to see it go. Not in the class of any AMG model but we loved that motor. Hope you enjoy your new car fella. Ant.

Me too, got mine in 2005 too, a year old and in performance blue, traded it in for an ST Focus in 2013 which I only had for a year before I was tempted by my C63.

They are epic cars, enjoy.

Thanks all.

Sold the ST220 last night for £100. It's been in my garage for a year with a busted gearbox and what I suspected to be the start of an engine problem too. Bloke came over last night, pumped the tyres up with tyre weld and towed it away. I had to get shot of it quickly because it was sat outside my garage on the shared drive. Residents were annoyed and I didn't want to mention the c63 in the garage to them. I think they heard it this morning...which is exactly how I wanted to introduce it to them, lol.

Mine was an Estate in performance blue on a 55 plate with the Denso Sat Nav and advanced Bluetooth. I bought it in mid June 2006 as a Ford Direct car for...£21k. Never thought it would stay with me for all this time. Had 8k on the clock when I bought it and died (for me) at 115k. Believe me, I got my money's worth out of that car. I did quite a few euro-trips in it too.

However, this time around, I was not going to buy another Ford again. I wanted something special and blimey...that c63 is bloomin' special.

Last edited:
Looks in that combo.

Thanks all. Was out in it today and tried out Sports mode...blimey! I thought it was a beast in Comfort mode!! What a car!

Congrats on getting your C63. The power takes a bit of getting used to but will bring a smile to your face every time you drive it.

Congratulations!! Lovely car!!!

As a side note, is your username in reference to Jim Lahey of Trailer Park Boys' fame?

Nice C63 - I'm also a contractor (assumed with limited company director comment?).
Had no issues with finance either which I was surprised at considering I've only being on my own for 9 months...

Enjoy the ride - Best sounding car in its class without a doubt!

Yep IT contractor. Then again, people on the IPSE forum said over 40% deposit is a no-brainer for a finance co. However, I just wanted the deal: 0% with the 2 services. I know the 'interest' is in there, but I got 1k knocked off which was very difficult and I nearly walked. However, I guess they wanted shot of the car because I bet it's not very often a petrol head walks into such dealerships.

The cars I witnessed being test driven were diesel Mercs, usual family type vehicles. I guess cars such as huge engined AMGs take up valuable space on the forecourt. Anyway, once they realised I was not a 'hands up customer (as the sales guy said to me after) and I was serious about the car, they were keen to do a deal.

That sir is beautiful, can't wait to find my new car soon.

Thanks. Previous car was a Mondeo ST220, so I am somewhat used to petrol stations. The mpg of the C63 doesn't seem that far off what I was getting from the ST.

It's lucky I like shiny clean wheels, it's a pleasure to keep them shiny.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom