• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New C63 Owner :)

gangnam007

Car
c63
Hey guys i just purchased my C63 amg with the performance pack, just love the car!

theres a few things i want to change i want to change the wing mirrors and led day lamps to black can anyone help if anyone knows if someone selling these parts please.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links but CKS Performance sell both gloss black mirror caps and black DRL surrounds on their website.

CKS are a rip off. You'd be better to have them wrapped gloss/matte black.

Wing mirrors???

Car sounds fab. Which year is it? Post a pic when you have time.

Wing mirrors???

i3fipj.jpg

hi all its a 2012 c63 amg in a white and saloon - has the performance pack plus package.

the wing mirrors are white so rather than paying £160 to mercedes for wing covers in black i was thinking of having them painted? plus the DLR surrounds removed and painted.

cks are expensive i wouldn't really buy its off them

You could just get them "wrapped' My DRL's are wrapped and no issues with them.

Get em wrapped for sure mate.
My saloon is a diamond white and the DRL's, grille, window chrome and boot chrome are all wrapped gloss black, looks so much cleaner and modern in my opinion.

Welcome to the club, had mine nearly 4 months now and loving it - perfect compromise car for daily as you get the best of so many worlds - nice comfy spacious interior, bit more understated exterior but ludicrous speed when you want it, with a jekyll and hyde personality.
P.S. What you want next is a secondary decat removal for an easy 520bhp ;)

Have them painted it will last forever, alot better finish and no worry about ripping or any other problems you get with it down the line, wraps are for temporary use your end up regretting it, once it's painted you never have to worry again.

i purchased some genuine black wing mirrors but I've decided to return them to mercedes and have them spray painted.

Does anyone know any good painters?

hi

i would but travelling to cheltenham is a bit far - if i find someone local how would you recommend them being done should they be removed and painted?

i would but travelling to cheltenham is a bit far - if i find someone local how would you recommend them being done should they be removed and painted?

Yeah definitely remove them, should just be a simple scotch over to make them dull if there's any chips they should be sanded out with a block and some 800 wet and dry and primed then paint and lacquer them, should be very straight forward, I would guess at a local bodyshop you might be looking at roughly £30-60 each mirror so not end of the world for the difference it would make. :-)

the mirrors are costing me £150 and the front dlr surrounds are 150 - this is to replace them with genuine parts not paint.

the mirrors are costing me £150 and the front dlr surrounds are 150 - this is to replace them with genuine parts not paint.

Why didn't you just remove your current ones fitted to the car? You would of saved a small fortune mate.

no mate i have purchased the parts yet but trying to find a decent painter - do you think a mobile painter is good to use or not? you know like chipsaway. I only ask that as sometimes its hard to leave the car for a few days as i need it for family....

no mate i have purchased the parts yet but trying to find a decent painter - do you think a mobile painter is good to use or not? you know like chipsaway. I only ask that as sometimes its hard to leave the car for a few days as i need it for family....

An easy job for a mobile SMART repairer (I do them all the time). Budget about £120 per pair.

Yeah I know what you mean that's where the smart repairer comes in handy as it's convenient, I'd never recommend a smart repairer over a body shop but something as small as you want doing it shouldn't be difficult to get a good finish, its more important to make sure they use quality laquer it's going to take a lot of stick over time so just make sure it's decent stuff so will last.

blimey £120 a pair - would that mean 120 for the wing mirrors and 120 for the dlr covers.

I was looking at chipsaway but these blokes are expensive - i know that they use waterbased paint which I'm sure all manufacturers use....i wouldn't want to risk painting my self as i spent alot on the car and rather a good job done.

blimey £120 a pair - would that mean 120 for the wing mirrors and 120 for the dlr covers.

I was looking at chipsaway but these blokes are expensive - i know that they use waterbased paint which I'm sure all manufacturers use....i wouldn't want to risk painting my self as i spent alot on the car and rather a good job done.

Yeah £120 is expensive but they factor in fuel ect so you literally are paying for convenience, take the plunge use a bodyshop try finding one with a courtesy car all good companys have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom