New car ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhysC63?

Car
E350 2015 9g AMG Prem Plus, previously C63
So, the deed is done and deposit paid for a new E350. After a lot of deliberation between canvasite blue, palladium silver and tenorite gray I finally settled on obsidian black :)

I've opted for the premium plus package, as it didnt seem to add all that much to the monthly costs. I used drive the deal to come up with a PCP over 24 months, coming in at £3500 deposit and £485 pcm (inc vat) which I was delighted with.

The car is due in March, and MB finance have been kind enough to let me keep the C63 on the same terms as mh current lease until it arrives.

I will miss the C63, but it's time for me to go sensible! (although I do plan to start restoring my 928 so I csn still get a v8 fix now and again!)

For this who are interested the C63 has been fantastic, it's a joy to drive the only minor gripes I've had is the dreaded dashboard rattle and the tiny fuel tank capacity. The car has averaged 17.9 mpg over 20500 miles, which I was expecting so no complaints there.

I'm hoping I enjoy the E350 as much, it seems to be a great car for the money.

I went with DTD. I've never managed to get my local dealer to budge on price, they never seem that interested, two years ago my local MB dealer (Chester) best price on C63 was over £850 p/m despite showing them numbers from other firms - I ended up getting the C63 for £555 via Pantheon.

This time round I tried going direct to MB in Hull based on recommendations, but although Vicky was very helpful, she could not match £485

I am intrigued - I ordered my E350 in early October with delivery expected in December. I was told, in Mid November that delivery would now be end of February/ Beginning of March.

Do you have an actual confirmed "Build Date"?

Steve

As I understand it, the car was already on order, the large fleet dealers have a steady stream of orders in the pipeline and theres a certain cut off point for making spec ammendments such as colour. So the nearest colour amendeble order for an e350 p+ was one the dealer had due for arrival in March. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for that - yes it does make sense. Guess I must be fussy with the options I specified and therefore not one already on order that could be amended.

Steve

I heard Mercedes are completely restyling the new e/ class saloon after 2015, the current face lifted E which I think is very nice will be gone, and the new model will be here in 2016. How do you feel about that?

I heard Mercedes are completely restyling the new e/ class saloon after 2015, the current face lifted E which I think is very nice will be gone, and the new model will be here in 2016. How do you feel about that?

And right there we have another good reason for leasing etc. Depending on the duration of the lease he'll only be 'stuck' with the old shape for a year or so before he can upgrade to a new one at the point they've ironed the bugs out.

I went with DTD. I've never managed to get my local dealer to budge on price, they never seem that interested, two years ago my local MB dealer (Chester) best price on C63 was over £850 p/m despite showing them numbers from other firms - I ended up getting the C63 for £555 via Pantheon.

This time round I tried going direct to MB in Hull based on recommendations, but although Vicky was very helpful, she could not match £485

That's a shame she couldn't match it. vicki is now one of the suppliers for Drive the Deal so you could have asked for her.

The only impact this would have on me is a reduced residual value for the car, but as I intend to hand in the keys after 24 months, the additional depreciation is MB's problem, not mine. In terms of driving around in "the old model" I don't really mind, I would imagine that it would be quite a short period anyway between the new ones on the street and mine going back.

Once the 24 months is over, I'm hoping that there will be some nice deals around on the upcoming C63 model :)

You'll suffer withdrawal symptoms...

I will, without a doubt! I am going to put my Porsce 928 back on the road though for my V8 fix, but yes, I will miss the C63.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom