Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So had my first service done, first time I've used a main dealer in a long time. Great service and plenty to do whilst I was waiting as I went to MB Brooklands:

IMG_20200316_130251_1024.jpg

IMG_20200316_130259_1024.jpg

IMG_20200316_130315_1024.jpg

IMG_20200316_130714_1024.jpg

I always like the video that they provide of the health inspection and they kindly changed the battery in my fob. Overall, very pleased.

Totally debadged then with exception of the MB star.
Was that how you bought it or did you debadge it?

It's too noisy to be a sleeper:D

Totally debadged then with exception of the MB star.
Was that how you bought it or did you debadge it?

It's too noisy to be a sleeper:D
Debadged when I bought it. I actually really dislike the debadged look on this car. I have purchased some gloss black wing/fender badges, just waiting for the weather to improve before I attempt to stick them on

I bought a set of black badges on the forum so finally had time/the courage to try and stick them on. They are aftermarket black badges and at the price it was worth a go. Although I liked the look, sticking on the individual letters was a lot harder than I thought and the spacing/alignment was terrible so I took them back off.

Can anyone confirm whether the official badges are any easier?

This is how it looked:

IMG_20200425_150809.jpg

IMG_20200425_150825.jpg

IMG_20200425_150828.jpg

Apart from the "l" being slightly wonky, it looked good, should've just took the "l" off and straightened it. :)
The adhesive was really poor and the V8 was too far to the left. In person it looked even worse unfortunately. But no harm in trying I guess.

Can anybody confirm that the official badges are pre-spaced/aligned and have a backing plate holding them true?

Pissed. Kerbed an alloy yesterday :mad: Thinking to powder coat the alloys black though. Thoughts?

Less elegant and would show up curbing even more so

Pissed. Kerbed an alloy yesterday :mad: Thinking to powder coat the alloys black though. Thoughts?
Powder coat definitely,
Black definitely not! can't beat a nice shiny (not diamond cut) Silver wheel
I speak from experience, after my recent dalliance with Red wheels, stick with Silver. :) 👍

Was thinking it will fit with the dechrome theme that I'm planning on doing

I know this may just be opinions, but if I have the resonators removed will it invalidate my warranty?

Ordered a pair of gloss black badges for the wings and following this I may try and do a DIY dechrome thanks to @KillerHERTZ recent DIY tutorial. I would like a rear camera but not sure I need it. Other than that, just want to get on some roads where I can enjoy the beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom