• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New order

cinek

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB W204 , BMW F10, GSXR LZ3
Only 5 months left out of 36 due on E Coupe.

Really, really like the new coupe, but it would be impractical (just as this one is).
Getting in and out a two year old from the back, proven to be rather unforgiving on my wife's lower back.

E saloon seemed like a way forward, but there is something in the new shape I dont like, not entirely sure what, but it doest tickle my fancy. And since one of the boxes I wanted to tick was 'new', pre facelift wasn't on the books.

I looked at Jag XF, Audi A6 and today visited BMW in Chigwell.

After two hours of negotiations, deal has been made and hands were shook.

Delivery has been set for June, which interlocks with the coupe return.

The car it 530d, with only few extras added as its generously equipped in standard spec.
I added sport edition, automatic sport gear box, professional multimedia package, reverse camera and upgraded sound system.

It is carbon black, with oyster leather.

Pictures will follow, watch this space...:)

Not the actual car, just some some random picture from the net of F10 sport in carbon black.
I must say I do prefer the look of this over current E-class saloon.

F10_zps7d20465d.jpg

Did have an Alpina between AMGs - nice car and very much admired.

Did have an Alpina between AMGs - nice car and very much admired.

I dare to say that Alpina is more exclusive than M-cars and AMGs.
Very rare, very special cars.

Which one did you have?

F10 sport in carbon black, very nice.:thumb:

It seems the interior is a much nicer place to be over the previous generation. Even though at first glance its quite similar.

I dare to say that Alpina is more exclusive than M-cars and AMGs.
Very rare, very special cars.

Which one did you have?

I had a D3 Bi-turbo

Their base model then but everyone assumed it must be a £40k+car
Actually £28,450

I had a D3 Bi-turbo

Their base model then but everyone assumed it must be a £40k+car
Actually £28,450

The BMW forum I used to hang out on, and still do now and again, had a member who acquired brand new B6 convertible, one of 4 in UK.
What a beauty it was...

Looks good, like the colour combo too. They seem to be a big car now. I was behind a de-badged one the other day and at first I thought it was a 7 Series.

Looks and sounds stunning :thumb:

One thing that I never understood about BMW though; why do such big cars have so little room on the inside?

[YOUTUBE]R_rhnHpRSXQ[/YOUTUBE]

couldnt resist - sorry.

The car it 530d, with only few extras added as its generously equipped in standard spec.

IMO the combination of BMW 6pot 3.0 diesel + 8 speed ZF is simply outstanding.

It's not that the competition is bad - it's just the the BMW setup is the best of the best right now.

One thing that I never understood about BMW though; why do such big cars have so little room on the inside?

Not this one.
It is slightly smaller than 7-series, but you cannot complain about the space, both front and in the back.

Space was a big factor when choosing this car and I can't fault it in that department.

Looks great - a pal of mine has an F11 and he loves it :thumb:.

Got bit of an itch yesterday and added few more items to my order.
Head up display and 4 zone climate control.

Never had a car with head up display and wanted to see whats it all about.

Has any of you got it? What do you think of it?

Had the heads up display on my M6 (V10) and absolutely loved it!

Never really looked at the dials, would project speed, revs, gears, low fuel (common problem...) etc into the glass. When using Sat Nav it was very useful as it showed lanes and an arrow/perspective kind of view iirc which made it so much easier to follow.

Definitely miss the feature on my Mercedes and would have ordered if available, the current version is meant to be even better.

Just had a call from the dealership, the car will be with them on the 23rd (as planned), with me picking it up on 28th :)

I have a MBFS BCA representative coming on Monday, collecting the coupe. I would lie if I said I wont miss it :(

So the coupe is gone :(

Wasnt here during the inspection, wife did the deed.
Actually, I must say it was nowhere near as bad as some horror stories I have read on the net :dk:
Yes, there is one more inspection they will carry out for the underbody, but I know for a fact, there is no damage there, no leak, no nothing apart from scuff marks on front bumper (only visible when the car is up on the ramp).

After three years of motoring, one chip stone (A pillar), one more on the front windscreen (around the rain sensor), and one slightly scuffed alloy - where all of these fall in line with normal wear and tear.

The only thing they picked on, were the rear tyres. I bought a pair of premium winter tyres in November last year, and since I knew the car was going back in June, I didnt necessarily wanted to buy another set of tyres just for their benefit, and left those on. There was still about 5mm left on both.
Anyway, interestingly enough, according to the assessor - winter tyres are illegal in UK :dk:, hence he referred them as incorrect spec.
I will be sure to dispute this, and in worse case scenario will be asking for these two tyres back, if they expect me to pay for two new ones.

All in all, it has been good...so far ;)

BCA_zpsff16506f.jpg

Just had a call from the bmw dealership:" you car has just arrived", me " that's great :)", salesman "by the way, did you order a multifunction display, as per the order sheet I am currently holding in my hand?", me "erm, I did, hence it is on the order sheet", salesman "well, it is not on the car...."

I am absolutely livid at the moment, 4 bloody months of waiting and conveniently the car arrives incomplete!!! :mad::wallbash::mad::wallbash::mad:

I dont want to cancel the whole thing, as I have already hired a car for the missus she can use between the coupe gone and this one arriving.
I certainly dont want to wait another few months for the new one being built...just want to get my hands around some scrawny neck(s) at this very moment.

Once I have calmed down, what are my options??

Can it be retro-fitted at a convenient date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom