• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New order

Looks very nice indeed!
I like the colour combination and all the techy stuff.
Enjoy!

Tony

Very nice looking car..:D.....but its not a Mercedes is it....;)

Tongue removed from cheek....:cool:

ATB

hehe, all I'm going to say is that IF mercedes dealers pulled their finger when I was talking to them, then...;)

Health to enjoy but I'd get that engine management light looked at :)

probably the best looking steering wheel out there at the moment

probably the best looking steering wheel out there at the moment

You really think so?

I can honestly say, I much prefer the one I have on the W204 - it looks better and certainly grips better than the one on the bemer.

Of course - in my opinion :)

Great stuff - that interior is a nice place to be.

High revving (compared to MB diesels) too - me like.

2500 over 3 days

Not much time has gone past since I picked it up, but I have already managed to rack up some miles on the clock. Ended up driving to Poland last week on Wednesday, only to return on Saturday.
Long trip, many miles, but...what was it like?

Right after picking up the car, there was a first problem to do with the USB port, which was faulty and had to be replaced. Quite unusual on a brand new car I must say :dk:

Whilst the car was back in BMW possession, they somehow managed to put a nice, 4 inch gush on the nearside, front bumper :doh:
This has been repaired (yesterday) so it is all good.

I wasnt looking forward to the trip, considering it was going to be literally there and back arrangement. However, the fact it was going to be in a new car, which I was quite eager to test drive, made it all the better.

Following from another thread, Euro Tunnel for me each and every time. It is quick, it is convenient, it gives good flexibility re departure times.

It was a long drive, but left me smiling to myself for most parts. This engine and this gearbox are absolute work of art.
I have always adored the engine/gearbox combination in the E350 coupe, but the BMW seems to excel in this area, and let me add - not just by a marginal point.

Twin turbos ensure there are practically no lag when pulling off and the power just seems giving more and more, and that is in a normal mode. Set the the gearbox to Sport + and this gets even better. Each gear change is smooth, quick and with all the power just edging to kick in and keep pulling away.

I was somehow disappointed that the brake disks are solid all the way round. It would be nice if the front were drilled through, and I am inclined to say the E350 had a slight advantage in this department. I would not say that BMW's brakes were sluggish or spongy, but MB felt more responsive in particular at speeds over 140mph.

The dashboard, multi panel display and head up display are just work of art. All the details are where you want them, easily accessible and not too complicated.

Split screen function comes very handy, where you can combine the sat nav display with entertainment, trip computer, various map modes, etc.
Multifunction panel display, can be changed depending on the setting between Eco, Normal, Sport and Sport +.
Head up display is in full colour, which displays current speed vs road speed in the normal mode. When set, it also shows navigation directions, music content and the phone book. It will also show any warning messages such as low fuel and no seatbelt indicators.

Something I absolutely hated with the MB, was the foot operated handbrake. Well, no more of that crap, little button - on and off, makes so much more sense.

The coupe had slightly more comfortable seats than the bemer. Their shape and air cushions allowed for very individual seat setting, which leaves BMW slightly behind. There are still plenty of support from each direction, I just found the coupe's seats bit more comfortable.

The cab in the bemer is far more spacious, if feels large and gives more side and head room. But then, it is a bigger car, and that can certainly be observed when parking in tight spaces. The coupe went in and out with no hassle at all. 5-series takes a bit more planning and steering.

After just over 1 week ownership, I am really starting to regret ordering oyster leather. Yes I have been warned, yes it looks beautiful in combination with the black car, but I can already see it will be a nightmare to keep it clean :doh:

Slightly off topic, somewhere in Germany I have experienced an unusual situation. There was this white Audi estate that sat on my back for few miles, I wasnt doing crazy speed (about 100mph), but the inside lanes were busy, so I moved in and out when there was a gap for me to do so to let him past.

All I saw on his back was 2.0 TFSI, which did make me wonder as he literally shot past me like a rocket.

Some miles down the road, I caught up with him due to small congestion and I had another look. Definitely 2.0 TFSI on his back, but, wide wheel arches, double oval exhaust pipes either side...well, didnt take long to work out it a new RS4 in disguise.
I must say, I absolutely loved it :thumb:

This was genuinely first time ever in my life, where somebody completely 'demoted' his car from fancy and known name, to a rather average bore.
It is one thing to remove all the stickers and emblems, but to actually put one on from a far lesser model, well that in my eyes deserves some credit :thumb:

He did come off few junctions later, but before he did I pulled alongside him, showed him thumbs up, to which he smiled and returned the favor.

Now tell me again about Germans not having sense of humor ;)

Great write up. I have had my 335D Touring for around 2 months now although I don't think I have given mine the stick that you have yours, 140mph!

I will completely agree with you on the gearbox and engine (which I think both are essentially the same). There has been a recent update whereby the gearbox uses the Satnav to determine upcoming corners and junctions and preselect gears. Not sure how useful that really is.

I did a recent long tour around Italy and France and the car was faultless. It is very smooth when needed and achieved over 40mpg. The efficient dynamics mode is clever - decoupling the engine when coasting to improve mpg, although a strange sensation not having engine braking.

I found the car to handle very well on some if the twisty alpine roads, very well planted - although I did not push it hard enough to invoke understeer but it seemed to have sharper turn in than the C63 but I guess that is due to weight at the front end.

Talking of brakes, I am happy to have non-drilled discs. I had problems with cracks around the holes on the C63 so was glad to see no holes, even on the upgraded brake set. I like the blue calipers though, but only because the car is blue as well, otherwise they would look stupid.

S

Just managed to get few more photos, before the rain.

As mentioned before, I do like the line of the F10, to the point I prefer this over current E-class.

1_zps138468d4.jpg

2_zps22a2b6a0.jpg

3_zpsf04f2585.jpg

Power plant

17_zps9cb46e08.jpg

Interior is a very nice place to be. As mentioned before, I did find seats in the MB coupe a bit more comfortable, but the bemer isnt exactly miles behind.

4_zpseb03bf3f.jpg

6_zps8ed8eaf9.jpg

5_zpsd779d00c.jpg

Huge screen for the sat nav makes a nice addition, but at the same time it is not distracting by any means. Also, split screen is a very good idea, allowing you to fully customize what and when is displayed.

7_zps85cce550.jpg

I dare to say, that the parking sensors on the BMW are miles ahead of those on the MB. I absolutely hated the way MB set the sensitivity on theirs. Also, the 'dot' display was from ancient ages :crazy:

BMW display makes so much more sense, it is far clearer and far more responsive.

20_zps465c8303.jpg

19_zps59da84d5.jpg

Again, I-drive control is better laid out and easier to use than the rotary control on MB.

8_zps04da9112.jpg

And this must be one of my favourite buttons, as I absolutely hated foot operated hand brake.

16_zps6a125bf1.jpg

Multi panel display modes are very futuristic, clear in display and it all makes sense when you work out what each one does.

Standard

13_zps3c9ad12a.jpg

Eco mode

14_zpsbfb26993.jpg

Sport mode

15_zps3e52909d.jpg

And finally, the head-up display. Unfortunately photographs do not give it deserved justice...

9_zps98cf7aa6.jpg

10_zpsc229daf0.jpg

11_zps34e53daf.jpg

12_zpscf833d30.jpg

And finally, the rain sensor, built in cameras, etc...

18_zpsbdd15b70.jpg

Thanks for watching :)

Hi i couldn't not notice the neck rest in the back seat !!! Is the ride that bad!!!!!;)

cinek said:
It would appear so ;)
how is your neck??:D

cinek, agree with everything you say re display and pdc etc. Have you told the others here about the fantastic quick user guide and entire user manual also on the iDrive?

cinek, agree with everything you say re display and pdc etc. Have you told the others here about the fantastic quick user guide and entire user manual also on the iDrive?

Nope, left that bit out to avoid the risk of being accused of promoting BMW on MB forum ;)

cinek said:
Sore, had another argument with the missus, as usual I have lost...
they always win mate I already gave up arguing !!!:)
I'm glad you enjoying your new car!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom