New Road Angel Navigator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
http://www.blackspot.com/products/roadangelnavigator/index.html

roadangelnavigator_155.jpg

I wonder how this will compare to the current TomTom Go range of products.

S.

At last. That will be an amazingly popular product I expect.

There's a "Snooper" version out there as well - looks very similar !

S.

I've got one but have managed to lose the instruction book!! D'oh!

Nevertheless, by trial and error it works OK. But it does seem to 'hold' direction instructions on the screen too long. (Maybe I can change this in the settings?).

The screen is small and loses detail if you want to use it in a passive non-navigating mode (i.e. you know where you're going but might want to use it to work out a back-double if there's been an incident). No experience of TTGs or similar, personally, but they are all getting a lot cheaper!

I use it in my Boxster, where the built in scamera locator is a real plus. Not as good as COMAND in my 270 but cheaper than fitting Porsche equivalent!!

Hi,
Anyone considering getting a plug and play sat nav unit should stick to Tom Tom, the Tom Tom software is better than anything Snooper or Blackspot have available at the current time. The Road Angel Navigator has a lot of glitches that need ironing out and you have to pay a subscription fee.
Its much easier to get a TomTom and download the free speed camera database from www.pocketgps.co.uk and update it every month. its very easy to do and there are P.O.I databases available for a wide range of applications.
Navman products are worth a look but i have found their products are not as reliable as TomTom GO's.

Hope this is of help.

Giles

Got a mailshot yesterday from Blackspot, a customer offer for existing Road Angel owners to upgrade to a Navigator.

Classic RA customers #349.99, New Road Angel customers #299.99. European maps #199.99 on top of that

Seen some variable reviews of this unit, but equally the Tom Tom units do not come out that well either.

Opinions?

storey80 said:
Navman products are worth a look but i have found their products are not as reliable as TomTom GO's.

Giles
I beg to differ here, I have a Navman 510. I can download all the current data re cameras, it doent give me false turnings and is easy to use.

Any longer term thoughts on the RA Navigator or equivalent productanyone?

Considering an all in one, GPS sepped camera alert + sat nav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom