New to MB 19 years old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Plenty of bikes up there, I had one, but it was stolen by an Aberdonian....

Long way to go to find your bike's been nicked...

Long way to go to find your bike's been nicked...

It was, 3hours to be exact, and no warning, go to where I last parked it and discovered an Aberdonian (also called Steve) would be taking over the running of the bike....

I wasn't even given the chance to pump it up one last time (I take care of my bikes)

Welcome to the forum Jordan. Have the insurance company stung you like they do most young uns

Welcome to the forum.

Nice example.

I saw another similar car just last week with those wheels and I don't recall seeing them before - but I could see they had the Mercedes roundalls in the middle so guessed they were genuine.

For OEM wheels - they look great.

Nice looking Merc :)
I too am a young Merc driver got my first at 19, which was a 1995 C180 and then within 3 months traded it in, just before my 20th and bought myself a 2005 C270 CDI and love it!
I didn't want a "Boy Racer" image either and wanted a "Man's Car"!

They are the standard facelift Sport wheels.

Not quite the std sport pack wheels were the smooth 5 spoke...which came with drilled discs and sports seats. (any car / trim / colour you want)

The 6 "bent" spokes were only on the "sport edition" which was the wheels, brakes, amg kit, sports seats, artico. Diamond Black or silver only.. based on Classic SE but with silver trim rather than wood.

</anally retentive mode>

Very nice car Jordan. I know the North East of Scotland well as I have a few friends who due to the oil and gas industry who now live up there.

Nice choice of car and with winter only four months away, you'll learn about RWD handling and oversteer very very quickly living up there.

Your second pic, the view seems familiar, where did you take the photo?

thank you , yeah im not looking forward to the winter may look into a cheap winter car! the 2nd picture was taken in aboyne overlooking the green.:bannana:

Nice looking Merc :)
I too am a young Merc driver got my first at 19, which was a 1995 C180 and then within 3 months traded it in, just before my 20th and bought myself a 2005 C270 CDI and love it!
I didn't want a "Boy Racer" image either and wanted a "Man's Car"!

yeah its a great choice to go for although I do get a lot of police attention due to me being young and looking like i have stolen the car as its not the average car for a 19 year old to drive.:bannana:

thank you , yeah im not looking forward to the winter may look into a cheap winter car! the 2nd picture was taken in aboyne overlooking the green.:bannana:

Ta. My mate got married in Kincardine O'Neil and had the reception at Lodge on the Loch, just out of Aboyne.

Right, to matters of my expertise.

You need to, if you have not already, take the car to Tomintoul and onto Aviemore. This is a great road and a chance to drive fast!!!

Then attack the A86 to Spean bridge, down Glencoe via the A82 and head back to Aberdeen via Killin, Pitlochary and Braemar.

The 6 "bent" spokes were only on the "sport edition" which was the wheels, brakes, amg kit, sports seats, artico. Diamond Black or silver only.. based on Classic SE but with silver trim rather than wood.

My sister had the sport edition on her company 54 plate. It was in black.

Ta. My mate got married in Kincardine O'Neil and had the reception at Lodge on the Loch, just out of Aboyne.

Right, to matters of my expertise.

You need to, if you have not already, take the car to Tomintoul and onto Aviemore. This is a great road and a chance to drive fast!!!

Then attack the A86 to Spean bridge, down Glencoe via the A82 and head back to Aberdeen via Killin, Pitlochary and Braemar.

i live two minutes from lodge on the loch. the roads are lovely but i am yet to take the merc up to tomintoul way however i did drive my clio up that way but you cant really get a lot of fun out of a clio haha. where are you from yourself?:bannana::bannana:

Check out the threads on winter tyres, there's loads on here. That may save you a few bob

Hope the insurance didn't cost an arm and a leg. Enjoy!

hi and welcome! i nice example of a 203. like your self i had my first merc at 19! i started with the 202's then made the mistake and had an astra van for a while but soon decided
mercedes was the way forward and went to the 201's but now have a 203.
my w202 230k was the cheepes insurance iv ever payed @ £290.00 fully comp when i was 20. cheeper then the c180 i had before that

Check out the threads on winter tyres, there's loads on here. That may save you a few bob[/QUO

i will have a look however i definitley think im set on a cheap runabout for the winter as i dont want the risk of the merc going off the road either and with all the salt etc on the roads eating away at the paintwork :crazy: It will be much easier to just pick up a 200-£300 polo or something that wont bother me if it does get the odd bash or bump due to ice :mad:

Hope the insurance didn't cost an arm and a leg. Enjoy!

haha thank you ! it's not too bad ... but should hopefully go down a lot more in upcoming years ! :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom