New to MB 19 years old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well either way its impressive as insuring a mercedes at 17 years old is not exactly cheap if the car is cheap or not is only half of it. running costs / insurance etc is the hard part hence why most 17 year olds get 1.2's as they are cheap to run and normally all they can afford such as myself.

Again...that's just a matter of having the money. I would be impressed if you have worked hard to afford it (which you probably have), but I would not be at all impressed by a 17 (or 19) year old driving a Merc if dad had paid for it. I'm sure you will agree.

I know of a 20 year old near me in a new Aston Martin...an impressive car...but he didn't pay for it.

excellent 1st Merc

only thing I would do is remove the window shades/shield .. ruins the lines of the car

Again...that's just a matter of having the money. I would be impressed if you have worked hard to afford it (which you probably have), but I would not be at all impressed by a 17 (or 19) year old driving a Merc if dad had paid for it. I'm sure you will agree.

I know of a 20 year old near me in a new Aston Martin...an impressive car...but he didn't pay for it.

Having a sponsored first car et al is indeed cheating.

However, at 20, you'd be stupid to turn down the opportunity to drive one although you might wind up dead, which I probably would have done.

I had to work hard to buy my first and third cars to out do all my peers - and anyone else in the same position - enjoy it...

Yeah i agree on that, i also know a few people who have brand new audi's 12 plate's bought for them as their first cars and that does not impress me the slightest. working hard for the car and buying it yourself is what impresses me.

Howdy, good to see another newbie in the North East!

When I was your age I had the chance of a W124 250D and still regret not buying it. Well done, lovely car and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Howdy, good to see another newbie in the North East!

When I was your age I had the chance of a W124 250D and still regret not buying it. Well done, lovely car and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Where about in the north east are you from/staying ? cheers :thumb:

I have not updated this in a while!
Not been to busy.. had it serviced the other week and MOT booked for next week.
As its winter in scotland and lots of snow has arrived I didnt want my alloys to start breaking away due to the huge amount of salt on the roads as I have seen happen on plenty of my friends cars. So cheap solution 30 quid for 3 cans of (Plasti-Dip) liquid rubber you simply spray on and leave it to dry and forms a protective layer and if you dont like it or time to take it off after winter you simply peel it off! had it on for about 3 weeks now and its holding on strong.
Here's a cheeky snap i got earlier before the snow arrived.

BEnzm.jpg

Note alloys where standard silver colour before. Now matte black and black was the least in your face colour there was, it was that or orange / green...

Last edited:
A friend used to coat his motorbike in Vaseline at the start of winter, ride it all winter without washing it, then clean it off.

The bike was perfect under the Vaseline grime.

I used to coat the front of my Morgan with Vaseline, as it stopped the flies from becoming an impenetrable crust as they hit the perfectly non-aerodynamic front.

Orange or green would have been rather fun!

Aye Jordan, was in huntly arms a few sundays ago, after biking round glentaner. Thanks for tip on wheels.

Good idea on the wheels. Have you put winter tyres on?

Nice car, i also got a MB at 19. Mine was a W204 Sport Saloon. So i can see why you went for such a car :) Enjoy it all... as i keep being told by my collegues at work... when you get a morgage it will all change...

I loved the looks you get a traffic lights or in slow moving traffic from other drivers.
the only reason i went for a MB is beacuse i wanted a car no one else my age would have...

i'm 21 now and have recently purchased a w204 Sport plus Saloon. :) Life can only get better :)

P.s. Daddy didn't buy it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom