New to the Fold...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Welcome Mark.... I'd want a "sold" rope barrier around that now.... Any pics of the 911's you had?

If you need a chauffeur I'd consider a career change.

The SLS looks stunning. Good for you.

Wow Lucky boy! Looking forward to the pics! Not really jealous I mean where would I put the kids :)

I’ve just managed to escape work for an hour and been down to the dealership to see the car ‘in the flesh’ – Wow, it’s everything I had hoped for and much more.

I took a quick couple of i-Phone pictures of the interior which I will hopefully get around to posting up this evening. The car is booked in for its PDI and software updates etc in the next few days, the registration should be done by the end of this week and then it will be detailed etc.

I plan to collect it at the end of the month, as I am moving house in the next week or so.

I’m really pleased with the Le Mans Red and the black interior; the black leather has contrasting silver stitching which ‘lifts’ the interior and doesn’t make it too dark. Likewise the Carbon Fibre trim adds to the ambience and general feel. It is a very special car and I feel very lucky to be in a position to own it.

So a few things to sort out and then the fun can begin…

Hello and welcome.

If your ever passsing Chester in your car PLEASE stop by there is a cupa tea with your name on it :)

Great car hope you enjoy it, what a way to break it in also with a trip to Le mans

Fabulous looking car - I have no doubt whatsoever that you will enjoy it!

Wow, loving the stitched leather trimmed dash and cf touches. Looks amazing, and I hope you enjoy it.
Dan

Wow, insanely jealous. That is one sweet looking car. Where do the golf clubs go? Well, that my excuse for not buying one.

Wow, insanely jealous. That is one sweet looking car. Where do the golf clubs go? Well, that my excuse for not buying one.

No room for Golf bats!
In fact the boot is really rather small when compared to the overall size of the car - it has a large boot opening, but it is quite shallow due to placement of the gearbox etc.

Not exactly designed for load carrying!

A quick update. The car was detailed on Friday by John Drake and I am now just waiting to finish moving house before I collect it.

The wait is killing me…
IMG_0122 -Resized.jpg

IMG_0123-Resized.jpg

IMG_0124-Resized.jpg

I picked the car up yesterday – so far, so very good. It’s a completely different proposition from some of the other cars I have owned and I love the differences.

I’ve only managed a hundred miles or so, so far, but with the trip to the Le Mans Classic in a couple of days, the miles and (and the running in period) will soon fly by hopefully.

First impressions are great. I drove the car home via the Hindhead Tunnel (it’s on my way, so no detour needed) and the noise is great – even whilst sticking to the prescribed rev limit of 4,500 whilst running it in. The car attracts a lot of attention – all positive so far. Lots of thumbs-up from other drivers and a few children hanging out of car windows taking photos!
Something I need to get used to is the width of the car, it is a considerable size, and after a string of Porsches feels like a super tanker! But I love its’ road presence and it feels very solid and positive in its’ steering response.

The car is now tucked away in the garage awaiting its next trip out – which will be to France – I can’t wait to drive it again and to get the 1,000 miles of necessary gentle treatment under my wheels. Then the beast will be able to properly fill its lungs and roar!

I think I like this AMG thing…

'Think'?! you like AMG? Think?! Not jealous atall

I must stop looking at photos of the SLS, too tempted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom