Newbie sayin hello!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
welcome greg, looks like thats 2 of us for atf change then, i too am in cambridgeshire so maybe we could lend each other a hand, i will be doing mine in a few weeks when i get my car back from the bodyshop. cheers Guy.

welcome greg, looks like thats 2 of us for atf change then, i too am in cambridgeshire so maybe we could lend each other a hand, i will be doing mine in a few weeks when i get my car back from the bodyshop. cheers Guy.

Body shop???? Please not hilton!!!!!

There the bigest bunch of ****ers ive ever had the displeasure of dealing with, and i used to work the doors in cambridge so delt with some proper tossers, but these guys set the bar. The work was piss poor too!

But yeah, definately up for lending a hand!

Hello mate ,

Welcome on board :)

no mate not hilton, my cars being repaired by a company called avid body repairs in peterborough, some bas~#d drove down the side of me them legged it.

no mate not hilton, my cars being repaired by a company called avid body repairs in peterborough, some bas~#d drove down the side of me them legged it.

Oh aye your alright then!

Im near peterborough tonight, im at the girlfriends place in warboys! Can normally be found in a little village near Linton Zoo!

Yours a 320 as well?

do you guys know Duxford museum, well i guess you would do. theres a MB owners meeting there when they have a classic car exhibition next month

do you guys know Duxford museum, well i guess you would do. theres a MB owners meeting there when they have a classic car exhibition next month

Know it well, used to be there 7 times a year parking cars when i was an Air Cadet! Cracking deal it was, i park a few cars and they send my up in a plane to fly for half an hour! :D

Hi from one newbie to another!

I've had a quick look through the GTG section, but can't find the Duxford meet? Any dates please? In laws live in Ely, so would drop in on the way through if it co-incides with a visit!

Welcome Greg,

Whenever I have a question or query I have always found the information I need on this forum.

Enjoy the 320 engine...sedate driving with the ability to go like stink.

Woah, when did people from within 60miles of me join!?!

I live in central Cambridge, we should arrange a Merc GTG or somthing :)

You are correct in that you will need a dipstick to read the oil level in the auto box. Changing the oil is possible as a DIY job but I would strongly recommend that you have a good indie garage do it as there are several pitfalls when changing the auto fluid, such as shearing sump bolts and you will also need to turn the engine to get access to the torque converter drain plug.

Do the Torque converter and the auto box have a seperate oil reservoir, or is it shared oil?

I mean, is it bad to not change the torque converter oil when changing the ATF in the gearbox?

Do the Torque converter and the auto box have a seperate oil reservoir, or is it shared oil?

I mean, is it bad to not change the torque converter oil when changing the ATF in the gearbox?

It's the same oil, you need to drain the gearbox sump and the torque converter to get all the oil out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom