Nice Valeting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Actually, thinking about it, I met the aforementioned dropped name, iirc, in 1969/70. My best mate (a drummer) had just joined a band whose departing drummer was off to play with said name. There was a drinks hello and goodbye do at The Marquee.

He was very small and perched on three foot platforms which were all the rage in those days. Iirc he also had some hair!

We spent a few minutes chatting, decided he wasn't worth spending any more time with him and congregated with others to make the most of the night.

Can't remember much else about the night :D

Haha, it was a bit of a name drop. Let the fun commence with the three amigo's :) zzzzzz

Before it goes off topic, car looks lovely hope you sell it very soon! :)

Last edited:
Before it goes off topic

Haha, you were the one to send it off-topic waffling on about Elton John and how you spend 3000 hours scrubbing your van when the subject was Ians lovely SL! ;)

Before it goes off topic, car looks lovely hope you sell it very soon! :)

I don't. I keep flip flopping about selling, it's a wonderful car. This time though I'm moving, and have only one car space. It's not the most practical car, so it has to go. :mad::mad:

Haha, you were the one to send it off-topic waffling on about Elton John and how you spend 3000 hours scrubbing your van when the subject was Ians lovely SL! ;)

My answer was to the guy having a stab that this guys SL was only cleaned properly for re sale. So I was merely saying I'm OCD and my van only gets cleaned properly once in a blue moon. So really I was doing the complete opposite and sticking up for the guy who's thread it is:)

I don't. I keep flip flopping about selling, it's a wonderful car. This time though I'm moving, and have only one car space. It's not the most practical car, so it has to go. :mad::mad:

Looks gorgeous! I hope you flop back and decide to keep it after all! :))))

Looks gorgeous! I hope you flop back and decide to keep it after all! :))))

I'd love to, but I fear this time it's for real. I'm moving to where I'll only have parking for one car, there's no street parking (not that I'd park it in the street) and there's only one expensive underground car park spot. :(

I'd love to, but I fear this time it's for real. I'm moving to where I'll only have parking for one car, there's no street parking (not that I'd park it in the street) and there's only one expensive underground car park spot. :(

:((((( That sucks... In that case, I hope the SL finds an owner who's going to love and appreciate it like you do! I would love to buy it to start a collection :), but unfortunately also faced with the nowhere to park problem :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom