• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

NTG1 Firmware update.

#Riggs#

Car
E class 320 CDI
Hello all
ok here's my second post so bear with me on this:wallbash:

I am now the proud owner 2004 cdi320 w211 and I looked to see what Nav was in the DVD drive and its the original disc 2004.

After a lot of research I ended up at this site:-
Daimler AG - Service & Parts net

Followed the instructions
and on the NTG1 screen the message came up with "Software update running" init-dvd. it just sat their like this for over 3/4 of an hour(crashed). In the end I had to disconnect the battery for 30mins to clear it .All is fine with the unit so I think I was lucky.
Any help on this matter much appreciated.

Also just a quickie is their a none MB unit that could replace the NTG1? Straight swap with as little hassle as poss?

That's a shame, I'd like to update my comand too! Is there an easy way to check if you have the 2007 update? Were there any additional firmware updates after this one?

This programme I do not believe will update the maps etc. only the give the Command unit updates to its operating system as I understand it.
They wouldn't give any map updates away in such away when they charge approx. £200 for the map update disc at the dealer's.
Might be wrong but I'm sure I'm not, also you look on the disc label it states date; 12/2008 and if anyone's car has been in for a service at a main dealer since then the chances are its had this software update anyway.

This programme I do not believe will update the maps etc. only the give the Command unit updates to its operating system as I understand it.
They wouldn't give any map updates away in such away when they charge approx. £200 for the map update disc at the dealer's.
Might be wrong but I'm sure I'm not, also you look on the disc label it states date; 12/2008 and if anyone's car has been in for a service at a main dealer since then the chances are its had this software update anyway.

O/P has NTG1 in which the DVD remains in the DVD player all the time, so there are no maps ( on a hard drive) to update. The disc itself just updates the Comand system. However I am sure you are correct for later than NTG1 systems. Regards.

O/P has NTG1 in which the DVD remains in the DVD player all the time, so there are no maps ( on a hard drive) to update. The disc itself just updates the Comand system. However I am sure you are correct for later than NTG1 systems. Regards.

The Maps DVD does not update "the COMAND system". It may and likely will update the Navi processor firmware but not the Comand head unit firmware.

The CDs from the Daimler AG link are updates for the head unit itself. Just that something went wrong when the OP tried the update. Could be a poor quality CD media or a dirty Comand CD/DVD drive read head or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom