• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Official Mercedes Rear Subframe Extended Warranty (Multiple Models)

Has this dreaded subframe problem on my W212.
Mercedes Stockport have been excellent, replaced the subframe FOC and also had rear springs replaced. Only charged me for the cost of springs £150 no labour.
All done in 3 days.

Car went in for steering rack replacement bolts on 1st October as a recall.

Safety check carried out and :

Rear subframe holed and needs replacement 😳 Last year it only had 'surface rust'

Just had phone call advising Mercedes will approve replacement.

They want the car for 6 weeks as it's not recommended to drive, I said not possible, so I can sign a disclaimer and drive the car!

Car went in for steering rack replacement bolts on 1st October as a recall.

Safety check carried out and :

Rear subframe holed and needs replacement 😳 Last year it only had 'surface rust'

Just had phone call advising Mercedes will approve replacement.

They want the car for 6 weeks as it's not recommended to drive, I said not possible, so I can sign a disclaimer and drive the car!

Good result!

But why would you insist on driving a car that was deemed by the dealership workshop as 'unsafe'? Apart from the obvious issue of the personal safety of yourself and your family, there may be insurance implications to driving the car on public roads in the given circumstances.

Good result!

But why would you insist on driving a car that was deemed by the dealership workshop as 'unsafe'? Apart from the obvious issue of the personal safety of yourself and your family, there may be insurance implications to driving the car on public roads in the given circumstances.
This ^^
The possibility of the rear subframe suddenly failing and spinning me into a tree at 60mph would encourage me to happily hand the keys to the dealership and start a conversation about a courtesy car.

It's really about time MB 'manned up' about the rear subframe weaknesses and did something proactive, rather than handing out goodwill gesture repairs. It seems from the video that the MB tech was specifically looking for the issue, given that the problem area shown appeared to be fairly well hidden, so any denial of being a known issue really doesn't wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom