• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W212 Rear subframe corrosion

That is the first tlme I've ever heard of one of these failed frames causing an accident.
The accident occured on an intelligent motorway and on the inside lane you are very close to the crash barrier.
In my case when with the failure the steering after the accident with the pictures of I have the steering wheel points to the right and the wheels pointing slightly left when the car came to a rest.I checked all the lights ( including head lights ) and the they worked , no lights cracked , sunroof worked. The car shell did it's job and protected the occupants, doors , bonnet , boot all opened and closed.My Mercedes-benz never missed a beat in 43000 miles , beautifully built and totally reliable.What concerns me that these sub frame issues are well know but nothing is being done about the issue.At the very least I believe that again from my understanding that the frames rot internally. An inspection panel should be provided so inspection can be part of the maintenance programme!

You have pictures? Please show us.

Sub frame replaced today by Merc Shrewsbury. 10/10 to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom