• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Old Grunter Rant!

Myself, i would just say, quietly in their ear " let go of my fecking arm before I knock your feckin lights out c@nt" , that would work

Even better when confronted by a gang of these prikks is to say nothing at first , just stand your ground and slowly scan across them from left to right looking them in the eyes as you go a couple of times, eventually one will ask " what you looking at" answer straight back with, " just wondering who is coming to A & E with me. 😇

Tattoo have lost any element of coolness they used to have. They used to the reserve of people on the edges of society....you know like sailors, bikers, punks etc...
My good friend and neighbour Gizz Butt qualifies as a punk, having been the lead guitarist with The Prodigy. You couldn’t meet a nicer, quieter more helpful or more generous person. He, together with fellow members of various bands he plays with now, probably look frightening to those people who can’t (or refuse to) see past the instant surface. But they’re all great guys. Just because they don’t look and dress to my tastes doesn’t mean that they’re not as good as or even better than most other people.

IMG_1457.jpeg

Ant, I’m inclined to think that the comments your daughter had to endure came from the mouths of the mentally challenged more than the age challenged. Just as we have no control over our ever-increasing ages, very many people have no control over their mental actions. Unfortunately their disabilities can cause more distress than those of people with physical disabilities. The best thing is to ignore their comments, unless they’re clear cries for help.

Myself, i would just say, quietly in their ear " let go of my fecking arm before I knock your feckin lights out c@nt" , that would work

Even better when confronted by a gang of these prikks is to say nothing at first , just stand your ground and slowly scan across them from left to right looking them in the eyes as you go a couple of times, eventually one will ask " what you looking at" answer straight back with, " just wondering who is coming to A & E with me. 😇
Watching too many action films or too many episodes of Reacher gents? :D ..... in reality this would not be the way forward for 99 percent of people. Even if you are very confident in your hand to hand combat skills.... and who is?......you don't know this person or what he can do or even if he's armed.... and there is always someone better faster than you. I've been on a couple of seriously confrontational situations... one quite recently. I usually use humour and decades of (usually) knowing what to say as a salesman to talk my way out of any potential fisty cuffs. And then there's Plan B......RUNAWAY!!!!@

Glad your daughter @HappytalkAgain isn't too phased by it, she sounds like an amazing young lady and confident in who she is, that's great. I've had comments about my tattoos over the years and it doesn't bother me. We are all different, have different tastes/interests and that's ok.

Amen to that !!!

The young have enough problems to worry about nowadays and anything they can do to boost their confidence bring it on.

Tats or a trilby, I know what I find more offensive 😁

Ant, I’m inclined to think that the comments your daughter had to endure came from the mouths of the mentally challenged more than the age challenged. Just as we have no control over our ever-increasing ages, very many people have no control over their mental actions. Unfortunately their disabilities can cause more distress than those of people with physical disabilities. The best thing is to ignore their comments, unless they’re clear cries for help.
Or maybe this better explains how they came to be what they are:

1709987770130.jpeg

Attachments

• 1709987583497.jpeg
    1709987583497.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1
I know my rights?
You can't stop me . . . .freedom of speech
I'm right

Just 3 reasons your lass has to suffer abuse.

A kindness, or a please and thank you cost nothing
Maybe she could consider quietly mentioning the above, if it happens again

Fingers crossed she's seen the last of the old and nasty brigade

Note
I'm old
My grandchildren call me grumps, because I am grumpy, but, there is never a reason for being unkind

Slight thread hijack, but it's surprising how different people are when they've had a drink! Many a time I've picked someone up to go out and they've been lovely only to collect them to go home and they've been obnoxious! There's a certain breed of people out there who think it's fine to verbally abuse taxi drivers who are just doing their job and getting them home safe.

Slight thread hijack, but it's surprising how different people are when they've had a drink! Many a time I've picked someone up to go out and they've been lovely only to collect them to go home and they've been obnoxious! There's a certain breed of people out there who think it's fine to verbally abuse taxi drivers who are just doing their job and getting them home safe.
Gotta say Toe, I couldn't do your job.
From what you're saying, a good percentage of my fares would be dumped out the passenger door and told to find there own way home.

I personally love to compliment any young lady that I meet that doesn't conform to social norms. I know there's a fine line between being complimentary and pervy and will probably £hit out one day. But It really doesn't cost anything to say "loving the look" etc etc and if it makes someone feel good about themself all the better. Fortunately I often come across as a bit camp so I can probably get away with it more than your average 48 year old bloke 😄

Plan B......RUNAWAY!!!!@
Works sometimes, but not always. Plan A Usually Works as they just think, I'm not messing with this nutter. I Usually go and have a couple of single stiff Scottish snifters to put my head straight after. I am talking 30 odd years ago lol, i don't frequent places with dodgy clientele anymore, unless with a big gang of mates 😇

Works sometimes, but not always. Plan A Usually Works as they just think, I'm not messing with this nutter. I Usually go and have a couple of single stiff Scottish snifters to put my head straight after. I am talking 30 odd years ago lol, i don't frequent places with dodgy clientele anymore, unless with a big gang of mates 😇
This place is pretty dodgy.

A actual bus did fit through ........

So I was buddying a newbie today. 18 years old and only the second time driving a van. Bit of a softie but a good lad.

So going down a quite wide residential road, parked cars other side of the road. A bus shoots down and is dead close to our van. We get 50 yards down and a grunter in his Yaris has stopped directly opposite the only parked car our side, I can only assume to let us pass. We get to him and my mate is concentrating on getting through the gap as it's dead tight and a awkward angle. So Grunter starts ranting because we didn't say thank you. This is somewhat off putting to my mate so he just stops. So Grunter gets out and rants even more.

I get out words are spoken !!!!

So should we be thanking people for not having a clue how large their cars are and stopping in the one and only place that makes it difficult to let others pass :doh: :doh: :doh:

a guy grabs her arm
She should have screamed the place down. Amazing how it would focus the mind of the idiot who grabbed her, apart from everyone else in the vicinity
Up here she would have given him a Glasgow kiss;)

Reactions: LTD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom