• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Opinions on this phone deal

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
3 are doing a Nokia E71 for £20 a month with:

Unlimited Internet
Unlimited Email
Unlimited 3-to-3 minutes
200 minutes (anytime, any network)
FREE Skype-to-Skype calls forever

Free phone aswell, seems to good to be true... or is it because the E71 is getting on a bit?

HERE

Ive just cancelled my contract with Orange because they keep changing the contracts + I was meant to be on a £30 a month contract yet it still ended up costing around £50!

All I want is a Web, YouTube and cheap as possible a month...

How are 3 these days?

Cheers!

Last edited:
This is a good phone. (E72 out soon, improvements include optical d-pad, 5mp camera, faster processor and improved battery life (how can it get any better mine lasts for days and days))

The x-net minutes seem a bit low?

The E71 is a cracking business phone - good for pretty much everything with some great apps developed. Serious web surfing can be a pain at times due to screen size. I rate it 9/10.

The three network is very good, the 3.5G connection is super fast. If you ever need to contact them then be prepared to speak to a robot indian call center.

I re-flashed mine to debrand giving me a few more extra features.

200 mins is more than enough for me, ive never been a talker :D

Ive just seen you can get the iPlayer for it. - as long as I can get YouTube via wifi im happy.

Just seems to good to be true...

Anyone confirm it has a 3.5mm jack?

how did you exceed Oranges call packages?
Each month...
I get 300 minutes cross network
unlimited land line calls (actually 3000 minutes)
9 hours a day calls to a designated Orange number
1GB internet useage

after a bit of negotiation with Orange that costs me £12.50 a month

Thats one of the reasons why I left, random costs and charges, then they stopped the paper bills. never able to get onto the bill online etc etc.

Was with Orange for 6years, had a row with the operator when she told me no supervisors worked after 5pm and they she had no access to my account. After a battle a supervisor appeared. Long story but im currenty on Tesco PAYG :D

The only thing I would be wary of is the 'fair use policy'. I can't find a copy of it on their web site.
They will have restrictions on the 'unlimited internet access' and if you intend to do lots of youtube stuff you could easily exceed it.

Good sounding deal though, wish I had seen this two weeks ago!

According to 3's fair use policy, "unlimited internet" means you can download up to 1GB per month before paying extra... (also, you can't use your phone as a modem for your laptop - but most provider's will specify that)

Still better than O2's 200mb/month...

M.

Last edited:
I've been on this deal for the last 3 months and my experience has been nothing but positive.

If you're worried about the fair-usage policy, as has been mentioned before, it's 1Gb per month which imho is more than enough for most users. Mobile web pages are smaller and unless you're going to use it as a standard broadband replacement, you should be well within your monthly allowance.

I've been with 3 for the last 5 years and haven't had any trouble re: reception. I am predominantly in urban areas, and can't recall a time where I've lost signal. I've also roamed through the far east and europe without any trouble. 3 customer services have been efficient, even though their call centres are in India.

The E71 is my first qwerty keypad phone and I find it fantastic to use. If you head down to the 3 store, they normally have a 'live' demonstrator for you to use if you show any interest. Battery life is excellent: 3 days between charges normally, sometimes 4, and the build quality is excellent. The jack is a 2.5mm so smaller than standard 3.5mm (why?!!). There are loads of 3rd party apps for download and S60 is stable and fast. I've had one crash in the time I've had it. The onboard Nokia Maps wasn't up to much, but googlemaps worked great with the onboard AGPS.

Again, horses for courses. If you want to tap-out emails/texts in no-time, google and youtube with ease, hey, even call someone, it shouldn't let you down. Fwiw it's the best phone I've owned.

2.5mm, gutted :(

Just been into the 3 shop, and they reckon the contract changed at midnight to a 24Month contract. Why do they do this? im bored of a handset after 12 months, let alone 2 years!

Now £25 a month... :( :( :(

Gonna have a look online...

Last edited:
I'm with 3. Very happy with the service overall. Good connection around here.

If you do decide to go with them it's worth getting someone to refer you... You both get £30 credit.

Send me a PM if you don't know anyone else on 3 and I'll be happy to refer you. :thumb:

partners on 3, im on Tmob... She wants me to convert.. and i think i willl based on how happy she has been

The E72 will have a 3.5 jack.

On Three - I asked for my PAC code 3 weeks ago (was hell to obtain) A few days later I was offered a new phone (crap Sony C902), 18month contract, reduced line rental to £5 per month AND a £200 comet voucher!!!!!!!!

I bit their arm off.

I have the Nokia e71 and can honestly say its the best phone i have ever owned, my previous phone also a Nokia (n95) was a very good phone but for me the e71 wins hands down.

Tariff........ im with Vodafone. 700min, free land line calls, 200text and unlimited Internet for £22.50 p/m

Hope this helps.

I have the Nokia e71 and can honestly say its the best phone i have ever owned, my previous phone also a Nokia (n95) was a very good phone but for me the e71 wins hands down.

Tariff........ im with Vodafone. 700min, free land line calls, 200text and unlimited Internet for £22.50 p/m

Hope this helps.

Nice, can only find it for £30 p/m with that deal though...

+ Why on why are they only 24month contracts?!

Hello

I had a 02 Orbit and fancied a change. The apple 3gs was not out when I was looking as I would have probably gone for that.

I also spotted the '3' deal E71 and rang up my current provider asking them about this. They said its a £35 a month deal on 02. So I spoke to 02 retentions and they then agreed to match the deal.

So a free 02 E71, Free internet / wi fi (unlimited), 1000 text and 600 mins talk.

for £20 a month. (18month contract)

I have it checking my e-mails every 20mins, use it to surf with my NB200 netbook via 3g, easy to text and more importantly and easy phone to actually make a call....

my advise is try and get a deal. I did hear that 3's customer service is not very good? Do a search and see what you find. I do miss the touch screen on my last phone but it is a very easy phone to use.

The only thing that annoys me is why is does not have a standard mini usb charger / data cable. Instead it has a stupid micro mini data lead thing and a tiny charger which I think is annoying..

I called up 3 and asked for any give on the deals as it ran out, bloke just said:

No.

I will have a go in CPW tomorrow and try and swing a deal :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom