Out with the old and in with the New!

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice, think you have been waiting a while for it?

On a side note, can't work out if you have an extra wide single garage door or a very narrow twin garage door :)

We had an E class and I was contemplating going up to S class, but downsized to a C Class. The interior is much smaller than an E as is the boot, but the new C is almost the same length as my old E, so not sure where they hid the interior space on the C?

Very nice ant !!!

On a side note, can't work out if you have an extra wide single garage door or a very narrow twin garage door :)

Yes. Very strange. I thought that too. Our door is 5m wide!!! The car and the van easily go in the garage side by side. Very deceiving picture indeed. :eek:

You have the car I really wanted. (C Class 205) but couldn't get anywhere near that monthly price. :mad:

Cheers.

That's a lot of car for 205 squids a month... Enjoy!

Well, our shinny new E220 arrived today.

I must say I'm more than impressed by it after just one day and 60 or so miles of driving.

I didn't realise just how stiff the suspension of our little B Class Sport was until I drove the E Class. its doesn't shake your fillings out over potholes like the B Class did.

I'm REALLY impressed with the ILS after just driving back from Carlisle. I understand now why members here rave about the system.

The boot is just about big enough for Debbie's Quingo scooter (Yes, we're not doing the E Class 'Old Man Image' any favours with references to Scooters!!! :wallbash: )

My only negative thought so far is that the 18's look far too small on a car of this size. But being a lease car I'm not going to even consider changing those.

I've had a tiring day so I've yet to explore the Comand system or load any of our music onto it.

My Wife & 10 year old daughter absolutely love the car which in turn makes me a Happy Chap indeed.

It's not the C Class I wanted but for £209 pm it'll do us for a few years.

Ant. :D

Nice Car Ant - love the colour too! That's a pretty darn good price you're paying - do mind me asking where you sourced it? We're considering changing Mrs J's 1 series and throwing some money at a lease.

Nice Car Ant - love the colour too! That's a pretty darn good price you're paying - do mind me asking where you sourced it? We're considering changing Mrs J's 1 series and throwing some money at a lease.

Cheers Simon. It's really nice. Happier than I thought I would be given it was far from my first choice.

Here's the link. It's gone up a tenner since I signed.

Mercedes Benz E220 AMG Night Edition Premium Pack 4dr Auto Leasing Deals

Mercedes | Make | Car Leasing

Or this belting C Class offer.

https://www.gateway2lease.com/cars/...2.1-amg-line-premium-plus-auto.php?id=1441831

Ant. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, and I do like the five spoke 18's I had them on my 1st ECoupe, they're a much softer ride than the 19's I have now, I actually put dunlop sportmaxx on these for a quieter /softer ride, better than original con ti's. You'll be wafting around the highlands and islands in style now. :thumb:

Cheers Peter.

I'm very stubborn and I told myself this was a 'making do' kinda car. However after just 1 day I realise it's a belter. Wafting is a great way of describing it compared to the way the B Class rattled our bones the last 3 1/2 years.

I agree on the wheels regarding comfort. But this size of car could easy take 19's or 20's from an aesthetics point of view. The forthcoming 213 has 20's as standard (if the MB configurator is anything to go by)

Mind you, if the wheels are my only gripe then I'm very happy.

Ant. :thumb:

Gorgeous Ant! Definitely an upgrade from the B class IMO.

Love the colour!

I went the consumer route for C Class AMG line Premium plus
Driving assist, Intellient LED, leather, 360 camera

but if taking off VAT from the consumer deal

equates to £185pm +VAT
But I did put down twice the amount of deposit £8333 +VAT

I went the consumer route for C Class AMG line Premium plus
Driving assist, Intellient LED, leather, 360 camera

but if taking off VAT from the consumer deal

equates to £185pm +VAT
But I did put down twice the amount of deposit £8333 +VAT

£10k down on a lease!!! :eek:

Given the same suspension and same wheel tyre combination, one of the major factors affecting ride quality is the wheelbase= distance between the front and rear axle line. I would suggest this and the fact higher MPV type vehicles such as the B class may require slightly stiffer spring rates to counter their tendency to roll in cornering, may explain the better ride quality you are now experiencing. Nice car congratulations.

deposit £8333 +VAT

Yikes!!! :eek:

Mind you. If it keeps the monthly payments down its maybe worth it to you.

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom