ovlov forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
As some of you who've been unfortunate enough to come across my random ramblings will know, I sourced a rather sexy looking ovlov for Mrs JB, a C70 convertible.
I know that a few of you on here have, like us now, dipped your toes in ovlov ownership.
Which of the forums is the balanced one to be on ie nothing like here at all :D

You know what I mean!!

Thanks

Lol what is it with all these peeps buying c70's latley pmsl, i too have recently bought the other half one.

View attachment 56296

As for forums, This one is for sensible peeps who will frown if you mod it,
Volvo Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Then there is this one, Volvo Performance Club UK Forums

Who like a good laugh and joke and to modify them, Both forums will tell you Volvo's are the best form of transport and Mb's do nothing but rust lol:D

Last edited:
As above and there is a really good ovlov Facebook group run by an ex member on here.

I've had 16 ovlov's in my time most reliable cars I've ever owned and did stellar mileage in most of them

As above and there is a really good ovlov Facebook group run by an ex member on here.

I've had 16 ovlov's in my time most reliable cars I've ever owned and did stellar mileage in most of them

If left standard there ok, start tuning and things break and need upgrading. Dont think they are anymore reliable than any of the mb's ive had.

If left standard there ok, start tuning and things break and need upgrading. Dont think they are anymore reliable than any of the mb's ive had.

All mine were tuned all my daily drivers are always 250 - 300 bhp. The volvo 5 cylinder engine petrol or diesel is absolutely bombproof. I had a V70 T5 running 330 bhp and it did 250,000 miles in 3 years and never missed a beat.

Mine have been far more reliable than any other brand I've had with the exception of Subaru who are on a par with volvo

83k a year over 3 consecutive years?

That's unbelievable.

My first brand new car was a V70 D5 in 2003. Loved it and did 118k in it with no problems. Been looking at V60s for the OH recently.

I like volvos but unfortunately I havnt yet got my bus pass.

All mine were tuned all my daily drivers are always 250 - 300 bhp. The volvo 5 cylinder engine petrol or diesel is absolutely bombproof. I had a V70 T5 running 330 bhp and it did 250,000 miles in 3 years and never missed a beat.

Mine have been far more reliable than any other brand I've had with the exception of Subaru who are on a par with volvo

the 2319 engine's suffer with rods when the power is hiked up, the R's ran slightly stronger rods. Rear mains suffer also when the pcv is neglected, Waterpumps give agro too.

Still think they are no more reliable than mb's of the same age.

83k a year over 3 consecutive years?

That's unbelievable.

I was managing Scotland for the company at the time still living in Yorkshire. So not only had a 250 Mile commute at the beginning and end of each week but did at lest 1k a week around Scotland it's a long way from Dumfries to John o groats :) Couple that with the fact I had a major customer in Cornwall as well and the mileage soon racked up.

Volvo performed flawlessly think it was on 247k when I sold it will have to dig out the photos

Last edited:
the 2319 engine's suffer with rods when the power is hiked up, the R's ran slightly stronger rods. Rear mains suffer also when the pcv is neglected, Waterpumps give agro too.

Still think they are no more reliable than mb's of the same age.

None of mine ever had any of these issues all I ever changed over 16 cars was a rear wheel bearing

This is my 4th Volvo and by far the best. Has a very good turn of speed when needed, does 50mpg when not needed and is one of the most comfortable I have ever sat in.
Still miss the SLK though!!

Once upon a time Volvo and SAAB [pre GM] were reckoned to the have the best orthopaedic seats in the business [ fitted as standard- no extra charge like MB!]

The Volvo forums used to suffer some in-fighting mostly depending on which "tuner" they were biased toward.

If you did not get drawn into it and surfed all three main ones - great font of knowledge, help and advice. Very welcoming bunch.

By contrast I find personal experience of the AMG section on here :confused:

I would have another Volvo in a flash as my experiences of the reliability and franchised dealers have far outweighed those with MB. However, other than the E63 there is nothing (RS6 closest) that I fancy - so I drive an E250 diesel with "AMG wannabe specification" not to put my manager' nose out of joint.

Volvo have to be one of the most under rated manufacturers out there and the new XC90 and S90 are possibly a sign of their (positive) future.

i learnt to drive in my late father's 940 turbo estate..... cant stand little cars

turbobricks was a quite good forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom