Parking fine WARNING (I'm about to pick a fight!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswt

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C320cdi Sport, S-Max 2.0T Titanium Sport, 1974 Triumph Stag (needing restoration)
Metaphorically speaking of course.

I haven’t been on this forum for ages but I thought I’d warn anyone who has picked up a parking fine from an unscrupulous car parking company recently to make sure that fight it rather than pay it!

I was parking in a retail park next to Wembley Stadium the other week and my company recently received a parking charge notice. My car was picked up using ANPR cameras at the entrance/exit of the retail park, and my crime was that I’d stayed there too long (2.24hrs)

At first I was so angry that I was being fined for spending longer than 1 ½ hours shopping and browsing at the retail park that I drafted a letter of complaint making sure Currys, MacDonalds, Tesco etc etc were copied in as their customers use the car park.

Then after searching the web for ‘Highview Parking Ltd’ I discovered that lots of people had succumb to these fines and the general consensus seemed to be to ignore these fines complete along with all other correspondence and threats of court action as they will eventually give up (see the links):

Highview Parking Fine

Unfair Parking fine for staying in car park too long Help! - Page 2 - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Parking Charge Notice Scam

Anyone else done exactly this and won?

I could go down the ‘no photo of me actually parked’ and “The cameras can’t pick up every number plate and I could have left and then come back to pick someone up” etc etc etc.

Ignore the wa*n*er*.....

Looks like the gross majority ignore these none legal fines.

I've never had one, but I would ignore it. Reason why I say this is because I believe exactly what the others have said in the links you have gave because a few years ago I was harassed by loan collection companies and bailiffs as I refused to pay a rip-off company who were suppose to be claiming compensation for me on some endowment policies I held.

I was threatened with everything legally possible and they had no legal right to follow such actions. I was virtually threatened with physical violence and definite intimidation by bailiffs!! I just challenged what they told me and ignored them. They eventually gave up in the end...

Your situation sounds very much like mine did... Just ignore them fella.. I would... :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom