• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

PCS deliver the goods again

Eddie01

For those that don’t know, I recently purchased Charles Morgan’s C55 AMG, while on the test drive Charles made it clear the front brake pads would need replacing (CLK63 upgrade) so I booked into PCS.
Turned up today and me being me ask Jack and Olly to give the car a good check over as I want to know exactly what needs looking at now or in the near future, Jack went over it and pointed out a few things, which I will have done prior my MOT visit in November.
While the pads are being changed I’m waffling with Olly and before you know it the car is right up in the air and Jack’s installing the de-cat delete and Y piece section, had no intension of having this done so soon but very happy I did. I don’t do boomy intrusive induction or exhaust system on my road cars and was a little hesitant, final result was very subtle and provides smiles on demand, can’t say if there is any power increase but it certainly gives placebo with the with the new V8 rasp.

IMG_1618.mp4 video by Eddie018 - Photobucket

Oh Charles, it really is a lovely noise, my MPG has just gone down :D

It took enormous reserves of willpower not to fit it..

Shame the Hindhead tunnel hasn't got roundabouts at either end. You could have fun for hours!

The tunnel would have been lots of fun if there hadn’t of been an Evo with a very loud exhaust and dump valve in front of me, that said, I did have a few moments of loud pedal fun. I’m drag racing this weekend it’s the final round of my series, Saturday is practice and dial in and Sunday race day, I’ll be driving up to the track in the Merc and I plan to take it down the strip a few times just to hear the new sound system in full attack mode.

Sounds mean, good work.

Now it's time to upgrade your phone!

As said, I was at a race event over the weekend and drove up in the Merc, attracted a lot of attention, which I really didn't expect to be honest, people made some very nice comments about the car.
Managed to squeeze in a few 1/4 mile track runs on Sunday between my own racing, biggest problem I found was trying to launch with the ESP active, very hit and miss getting off the line, best 60 foot was 2.4 seconds, which is shocking for me as I generally pull 1.6 to 1.7.
ESP gets agitated as it doesn't seem to like the additional grip it almost feels like it's trying to limit the torque, cuts the power completely and wakes up again in it's own sweet time, really have to modulate the throttle input to get off the line.
Ran a handful of 13.6 @ 106 mph but if I could understand the launch I think this would come down a fair bit.
Sound track was very nice, boot full of throttle holding it wide open down the 1/4 mile more than makes up for the average times.

Does the 203 have a "dyno mode" setting for the ESP? That should turn it off completely?

I would have thought that ESP off would be fine for a drag run.

I wonder if Martin's tyres do a frequent tyre buyer programme for Michelin PS3s? :)

Takes getting use to, my first run was 13.9sec with ESP on but after a few runs & getting use to launching the car with minimal wheel spin my best was on dyno mode 13.1secs @ 109 - I’d be interested to see what I get now with an extra 40bhp added after the mods, hoping for late 12's.

It's so hard not to wheel spin, car should of came with LSD from factory.. :doh:

BenzedUP said:
Takes getting use to, my first run was 13.9sec with ESP on but after a few runs & getting use to launching the car with minimal wheel spin my best was on dyno mode 13.1secs @ 109 - I’d be interested to see what I get now with an extra 40bhp added after the mods, hoping for late 12's.

It's so hard not to wheel spin, car should of came with LSD from factory.. :doh:

Is your car or the OPs retro fitted with the LSD? If not I suspect it's a to do. Very powerful cars a 55.

To be honest I was thinking about switching to dyno mode in the hidden menu but didn't have the time to do back-to-back runs and find the sweet point, car certainly has the potential to run a low 13 or even a high 12 but the driver wasn't up to it this time, more seat time will result in improved times. That said, for an out of the box road car it's very impressive, any car running mid 13's is no slouch and the fact you can drive home without having to load it onto a trailer after racing speaks volumes.
I'm up in the Welsh mountains this weekend for our last club meet of the year, Black mountains on Saturday and brecon beacons Sunday, can't wait, took the CLK 320 CDI last year and found the driving effortless, C55 should be so much more fun.

Good choice of car that man!

Sounds mean no doubt.

Time to give those 4-pipes a much needed clean & polish!

So I took your advice regarding polishing up the tail pipes, so it’s with Mike at Gemclean for a full details.
Will pick it up 21st Jan, quite excited as the paint needs some love and Mike is the man for the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom