• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Photography thread

A pity that half the commentary crew believe Walkinshaw to be English.
I'm often glad that I'm not Austrian. I'd hate that in the first moment of replying to a question regarding my nationality I could be mistaken for Australian.
Could be a subconscious generic use of the Aussie term 'Pom'?

Could be a subconscious generic use of the Aussie term 'Pom'?
At 1m 12s ''Here's one Englishman....'' more specific than generic. At least his buddy is on the ball referring to TW as '' super Scot'' when he gets the pole.

Found this fella at work...deceased unfortunately. It's a Privett Hawk Moth.... the UKs largest moth. That's my hand not some random two year old....just for scale!View attachment 162102
Back to photography and somewhat connected to ALFA's pic, this critter was spotted in our garden last week:
20240904_102229 - Copy.jpg
Apparently it will turn into an Elephant Hawk Moth

Yep...Privet Hawkmoth caterpillars are prettier!......pink/white stripes on green!....and about the size of your little finger.

View attachment 162237
That's a prettier caterpillar true enough , but the Elephant Hawk Moth turns out nice
elephant hawk moth.jpg

At 1m 12s ''Here's one Englishman....'' more specific than generic. At least his buddy is on the ball referring to TW as '' super Scot'' when he gets the pole.
I was only listening to the commentary with half an ear (the noise the XJS was making was far more entertaining), but apparently the "Englishman" faux pas was made by Allan Moffatt, who as a Canadian probably should have known better.

Back to photography and somewhat connected to ALFA's pic, this critter was spotted in our garden last week:
View attachment 162236
Apparently it will turn into an Elephant Hawk Moth
Not seen one in our garden for ages, but they are quite impressive.

I’ve not seen a Privet Hawk Moth caterpillar (or moth), but again impressive.

Not seen one in our garden for ages, but they are quite impressive.

I’ve not seen a Privet Hawk Moth caterpillar (or moth), but again impressive.
It's certainly the biggest caterpillar I've seen; slightly prehistoric-looking and could move surprisingly quickly.

Sat in me car, havin a coffee (As you do) spotted what was left of an old sign. Thought that reminds me of something. What do you think, I thought it looked like. Or is it, just me. 🤪

20240814_184834.jpg

Reminds me of the BP logo.

Roman centurion pole?

Could see them here last night too and I'm right on the South coast.....the camera on my phone is not good enough to capture it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom