• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Recent purchase thread

Didn't realise Woolworths were still trading!
Used to set my calendar by what was on promotion at Woolies. If there were easter eggs, it must be almost Christmas etc....
Indeed they are; Woolies still exist in Oz and South Africa...and the Australian version is currently advertising Christmas stuff:(

Indeed they are; Woolies still exist in Oz and South Africa...and the Australian version is currently advertising Christmas stuff:(
Maybe it’s as they are in the Southern Hemisphere that they are really late getting the Easter eggs in the stores…..
..Says the man who‘s sister Shelagh lives in Australia(!) I’ve been in Woolies in Mudgee😱

Maybe it’s as they are in the Southern Hemisphere that they are really late getting the Easter eggs in the stores…..
..Says the man who‘s sister Shelagh lives in Australia(!) I’ve been in Woolies in Mudgee😱
Does that mean you potentially have access to a ready supply of Pick N' Mix??
Asking for a friend ;)

Just spent £8.34 on eBay to get some Quiksteel steel reinforced epoxy putty.

It's for an attempted repair of one of the soft-close hinges on the loo seat in our ensuite. I had no idea until it failed that ours was so unique. Too many hours scouring the internet has convinced me that the ten year old bog has hinges that are rarer than Cullinan diamonds. I've found standard fitting types that look similar, but they're no use with ours that has to be top fitting. Alternatively, I tracked down a place that does copies of rarer shaped loo seats, but they cost £197!! Fingers crossed that the Quiksteel putty will do the job (pun intended).

Just spent £8.34 on eBay to get some Quiksteel steel reinforced epoxy putty.

I've found standard fitting types that look similar, but they're no use with ours that has to be top fitting.
Strange, most toilet seats are bottom fitting :banana:

Edit, on a serious note, have you tried the Croydex Flexi-Fit ones?
Flexi-Fix™ Toilet Seats | Croydex UK

Busted! That’s not your loo, you stole that from the set of Buck Rogers!
It really is mine. Here it is in situ. If you look closely you’ll see how the seat is skew-whiff (or should that be ‘phew, whiff”?)

IMG_1902.jpeg

It really is mine. Here it is in situ. If you look closely you’ll see how the seat is skew-whiff (or should that be ‘phew, whiff”?)

View attachment 161953
You’re trying too hard, you have now definitely confirmed that it was stolen from the set of Buck Rogers! 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom