• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Photography thread

That’s some serious polish going on there!
Thanks..... she's not bad for over 174,000 miles.... but the front foot or so does have quite a few chips....typical brittle ALFA rosso paint!

An E240 210 in its natural habitat.....slowly returning to the ground, abandoned around the back of a football club car park. :confused:
1000008872.jpg
1000008871.jpg
1000008873.jpg

Pagham shingle spit ....normally I walk out to the end of this.... but an hour or so each side of high tides over 5 m it looks like this.... and I'm not swimming out..... :D

1000008999.jpg

Following on from my post here, I thought I'd share a few more scans from my father's collection of photo's.

I have no idea where these were taken, but judging by the cars it was in the early 1960's. Can anyone identify where it was?

rxVyJlq.jpg

JRrUBiv.jpg

And a street scene from the same era, but again I don't know where it was taken:

sQkTRwh.jpg

Finally, one that I can identify the location. This was taken from Devonshire Road in Bexleyheath, looking towards the Broadway. I suspect it was taken from the entrance to Martin's Garage where Dad worked at the time:

fF4c1JS.jpg

Henley on Thames
Thank you!
Being an old sad git, I can name every single car...
Third photo, the light-coloured car on the right with the roof rack, sandwiched between the Wolseley 15/50 and the FB Victor has me stumped.

Thank you!

Third photo, the light-coloured car on the right with the roof rack, sandwiched between the Wolseley 15/50 and the FB Victor has me stumped.
1719841269773.jpeg
1719841297517.jpeg
VW1500 methinks - the headlamp bezels do it for me!

BTW, the Victor's sidelights indicate post-1964 facelift.

Last edited:
Maybe....or at least the estate version...but the indicators and arches don't quite look correct.....and its possibly four door????

DB2007AU00344_web_1600.jpg

BTW, the Victor's sidelights indicate post-1964 facelift.
Good spot re: the sidelights on the Victor. According to the Wiki page, the revised frontal treatment was introduced at the same time as the larger engine in September 1963 (so the 1964 model year). Pity we can't see the number plate as it must have been one of the first with an "A" or "B" suffix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom