• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pic's of my new car.... S65AMG V12 Twin Turbo W221

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
Hello everyone,

A few months ago I decided to sell my e92 M3 CP as I wasn't using it much. I loved the car but I barely done any miles. I thought of a few cars that I would like to own. I didn't want to buy something that would end up just like the M3.
I'm trying to work on my weakness and that is to not worry so much about the cars and just enjoy them while we can still buy a car with a big petrol engine.

I owned a Mercedes S600 w221 a few years ago and I loved that car. After 4 years or so I thought the time had come to let someone else enjoy it. I realised I wasn't bored of an S class and it was the perfect car to have alongside the M3. I kept going on and on to my wife about how much I liked the car and I should have just kept it, [ same story I tell her after selling any of my cars 🤣 ].

Now that the M3 had gone and me wanting to get something practical that has 4 doors, what better car to get than another S class right 😁

In the UK, only 71 S65AMG's were sold so it's a pretty rare car and the numbers are even less than 71 now.

I have made a few small changes and they are,

Lower the car

Fit spacers all around

Facelift rear lights

Boot lid spoiler

LED number plate lights

I also bought another private plate that says OCD 😋

Anyways, here are some pic's of the car

My old S600 with the AMG facelift conversion, lowered and on 21's

This was the car the S65AMG replaced.... e92 M3 Competition Pack

Last edited:
Looks great.

I have a 2008 500L with the the AMG Kit and those wheels. Thet are the only wheels that suit the pre facelift AMG model.

All amazing photos but this is my absolute favourite. 😍

View attachment 137350

If you liked the underside of the e92 M3. Here are some of the other cars I owned that I done the same thing previously :)

Individual E46 M3

CL500

Another e46 M3

Lovely, enjoy 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thank you

WOW!! Epic motor. 🙂👍

Thank you

Cracking car. Congrats!

Thank you

Very smart, but lowered a bit too much for my liking (visually).

Thank you...... I have adjusted the height quite a few times already but once I start putting some miles on the car I will see how it feels on the road and maybe adjust it again. I'm waiting for a part to arrive from Germany so at the moment it's just parked up

Looks great.

I have a 2008 500L with the the AMG Kit and those wheels. Thet are the only wheels that suit the pre facelift AMG model.

Thank you.
I agree, on the prefacelift, this are my fav wheels also. I wish I had kept the genuine 21's I had that were the same style as this wheels. It's not often to see this wheels in 21 come up for sale

Sam, astonishing motor in every way, the 3 P's
Price, Power and Performance, looking forward to reading about it in your ownership, and plenty more pics. 😎🙂👍

Sam, astonishing motor in every way, the 3 P's
Price, Power and Performance, looking forward to reading about it in your ownership, and plenty more pics. 😎🙂👍

I agree, it's a lot of car for the prices they are now.
The bad thing [ if we can call it that ] is that the prices for parts are still the same as when it was new 😟.
For example, the hand brake didn't work and I only found that out after buying the car.
Mercedes wanted £1500 just for the motor. £1850 for rear discs only 😲 plus pads, plus shoes and fitting kit. It would have ended up costing around £5k at the dealer including labour I would imagine.

I sent the motor away to have it repaired, I bought two retaining clips from Mercedes that I could only get from them [ £20 ] and new shoes with fitting kit. The rear discs and pads are nearly new so there was no need to replace them. Total price to fix the hand break was just under £150 so you could say I saved a bit of money doing it myself.
The car had new front discs and pads just before I bought it so that's one less thing to think about changing.
Recently it had both coil packs/plugs and the control unit for the coil packs changed. I have the paper work for £4500 😲.
I have ordered a few things from Mercedes and they have to come from Germany. One of the items that I'm waiting for, when I went to order it, the guy at the desk said sit down before I give you the price mate 😆. He was right, I had to sit down afterwards 🤣. I guess when buying this cars you have to be prepared that nothing will be cheap

Thought I was fussy about my car, but Sam, your on another level, actually no, another planet, brilliant! 😎🙂👍

I have issues that's what it is 🤣

Last edited:
I should introduce you to my father!!! His motorbikes look like your cars, He takes everything off when they get wet and spends hours cleaning them, one of the bikes is over 40 years old ( Phil Sealy Honda CB 750 ) and looks like it has just been purchased new, as do the three fireblades.
Your cars underneath look ..... well amazing....

I thought i had OCD, my car is ....well not like yours!!!

PS I have only just discovered the S 63 AMG - What a car.....

I agree, on the prefacelift, this are my fav wheels also. I wish I had kept the genuine 21's I had that were the same style as this wheels. It's not often to see this wheels in 21 come up for sale
Great car Sam, it’s nice to see cars like this being cared for so well :thumb:

Those wheels on your previous car, they look like X166 21” AMG wheels?

If so, I actually have a good set of these spare. If you’re particularly interested I am sure we could work something out :cool:

Will

I should introduce you to my father!!! His motorbikes look like your cars, He takes everything off when they get wet and spends hours cleaning them, one of the bikes is over 40 years old ( Phil Sealy Honda CB 750 ) and looks like it has just been purchased new, as do the three fireblades.
Your cars underneath look ..... well amazing....

I thought i had OCD, my car is ....well not like yours!!!

PS I have only just discovered the S 63 AMG - What a car.....

Haha 😁 It's good to know I'm not the only one that goes a bit ott with the cleaning 😊
Cheers

Great car Sam, it’s nice to see cars like this being cared for so well :thumb:

Those wheels on your previous car, they look like X166 21” AMG wheels?

If so, I actually have a good set of these spare. If you’re particularly interested I am sure we could work something out :cool:

Will

Thank you Will!
You are right, they are x166 wheels and I would be interested in the set you have but what have you started! If I buy the wheels that means I must buy the facelift AMG kit also 😆
I will send you a pm

Amazing car, really like the stance, the 21" wheels work really well, untouchable class 👍💯💥

Thank you!
I think the 21's are just right for this cars

Love those M3 s Looks like you had a thing for CSL alloys ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom