Please Help Sold S class with E class engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, If you are serious I believe your issues have been answered.

1. The engine is the same engine in an E class as an S Class. There may be a legitimate reason for one to be swapped out ( I had one swapped out on my old E class when the Camshafts snapped - it was cheaper than getting the engine repaired) as long as the job has been done properly and the engine number matches that in the Registration Document - no problems.

2. If your engine is not starting as easily as it should then that is another issue and appropriate diagnostics need to be applied.

3 Asfar as the brakes are concerned, you did not have an accident so you and your family have not been harmed physically. You might though, have a case against the seller on the grounds of an unroadworthy car.

Clearly you have not much experience or done much research on Mercedes so perhaps a check out on some of the more informative articles on here would help you.

Last edited:
Sorry AMGEED I thought you were having a go at me, thank you for you advice.
Also scgfull and everyone else you have put my mind at ease a little:)

I've just fallen off my chair and banged my head off the bookcase as I can't stop laughing ��

Hehe. I'm laughing too,,,,,You've not got a bookcase Harry. :D

The S Class engine is for posh people from the South of England.

The E Class engine is for Yorkshire folk.

Driving the S in Yorkshire or the E in the South can result in erratic behaviour.

It's not uncommon for the S Class to veer violently out of control at the sight of a flat cap.
These cars have been known to be chased back to the south by things called whippets.

The same can happen when the E Class journeys to the south and encounters jellied eels or Big Ben.
Many an E Class has been sent packing in frenzied attacks by politicians.

:crazy:

I've just checked. Our E350 CDI has his sclass engine.

The solicitor is saying if the seller sold the car to disguise or hide a know fault ie the brake which would make the car "Not fit for purpose" this would be seen as illegal and void any written receipt.
Due to the E class engine the car has to be turned over 5/6 times before it can start.

I fear the engine is out of the wrong model year car, thus putting your family at risk, is a section 75 claim an option?

The solicitor is saying if the seller sold the car to disguise or hide a know fault ie the brake which would make the car "Not fit for purpose" this would be seen as illegal and void any written receipt.
Due to the E class engine the car has to be turned over 5/6 times before it can start.

34167786.jpg

If it is them, I must admit to having a good laugh at this one.

I'm told that both DM and *** are posting on here.

If that's true watch out for a thread about 'My dealer fitted the wrong wheels on my car'

or

I've just been booked at 138mph, will I loose my license?

Over to you R ;)

Last edited:

You really do sound stupid. Why would the engine have to turn over more? Just stop, think and then stop posting. If you really don't know what you are talking about then just say nothing.

You really do sound stupid. Why would the engine have to turn over more? Just stop, think and then stop posting. If you really don't know what you are talking about then just say nothing.

Does the engine go...whoooooosh when it's trying to start? :wallbash:

If that's true watch out for a thread about 'My dealer fitted the wrong wheels on my car'

or

I've just been booked at 138mph, will I loose my license?

Over to you R ;)

Not biting.:D...for either of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom