• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pop riveter issues

I'd still tap and use a small set screw.....

Or screw in a 3.2mm self tapping screw?
I've never had much luck with self tappers into non steel (I'm used to fibreglass),I find they split the glass too easily, but a proper tapped hole first, then a set screw always worked, just don't tighten too much.

Frame to the local bike shop Darrell. Find a hidden gem and give them your business. I put a reasonable amount of work to my local bike shop, and they can quickly get hold of all sorts of specific bits, bolts, cogs, bearings etc. Plus they can actually find quickly the exact part I often want.

Frame to the local bike shop Darrell. Find a hidden gem and give them your business. I put a reasonable amount of work to my local bike shop, and they can quickly get hold of all sorts of specific bits, bolts, cogs, bearings etc. Plus they can actually find quickly the exact part I often want.
My LBS wasn’t interested. He’s very knowledgeable when it comes to the mechanical side and is an ex-racer but I don’t think he’s willing to take the risk.

A new place that appears to deal with high end bikes has opened nearby so I’ll call him later.

There's also the remnants of what went before still in the holes with no indication as to whether removal is required or re-utilisation.
What's the sketch with the above. Are they to be removed? Are they securely enough affixed to withstand the forces of tapping?

My LBS wasn’t interested. He’s very knowledgeable when it comes to the mechanical side and is an ex-racer but I don’t think he’s willing to take the risk.

A new place that appears to deal with high end bikes has opened nearby so I’ll call him later.
I’ve been directed towards a carbon cycle repair place in Leatherhead which appears to be highly rated amongst the in-crowd.

My sister lives close so I’m seeing her on Sunday at my brothers in Newbury because we’re all doing the Triathlon there. She will drop it off for me.

The guy said £100

Last edited:
I could always go down the fully wireless route instead which means I won’t need the cable stops!

I could always go down the fully wireless route instead which means I won’t need the cable stops!

Forgive my ignorance but is that drive by wire braking and gear change? On a push bike? :oops: 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom