Post Office [Warning: a long and sorry tale]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why don't you get one of these Salter rulers (I have one):

037537_0.jpg

Saves time at the Post Office....

You didn't happen to be at the post office behind Charing Cross, would you?

I was there today to get an IDP, was quite edgy as I was in a rush and ended up late for a meeting, and had ticket number 89... short black hair, pinstripe suit, blue shirt, no tie...

M.

Last edited:
You didn't happen to be at the post office behind Charing Cross, would you?

I was there today to get an IDP, was quite edgy as I was in a rush and ended up late for a meeting, and had ticket number 89... short black hair, pinstripe suit, blue shirt, no tie...

M.

I have a feeling I know which Post Office MOCAŠ has been to... it is probably the one that became impossibly crowded over the past 10 years as every other Post Office in the area has been closed down... one by one... it is sad to see the unbelievingly long queue of OAPs waiting on the pavement in the morning before opening time.

Step one of my mission, selecting the two envelopes, was quickly accomplished in the stationery section. A "size 4" padded envelope (to which I would need to add my own address and £2.24 in postage) and a slightly smaller, strong A4 manilla envelope in which I would send the padded one off to Panasonic.

I smiled wryly, and explained my cunning plan: I would fold the padded one in half, allowing it to fit easily inside the manila one.

:thumb:

as i said where's my prize...

You claimed 'manilla' to be wrong when in fact it is correct when referred to envelopes.

'manila' is the incorrect spelling. Manilla is correct.

No prize ;)

Time for the shocking truth.

I'll put the one mis-spelling of manila down to a slip of the finger, as I got it right on the other occasions where it appeared.

However, on re-reading the post, I have found seven further errors. :eek: Most are missing words (a particular bugbear of mine), while others are ill-fitting words that were overlooked when I edited some sections prior to posting.

Mocas

We are taking the mickey due to your high standards. Standards that should be applauded and not criticised.

You fell on your own sword with your fantastic tale due to someone else applauding you for perfection !

Spelling mistakes, stone chips, tar marks - who cares ? It's the journey that counts !!!

037537_0.jpg

The thing is, I very rarely send anything other than letters by post. However, I can see how that would be very useful for frequent parcel-senders.

Mocas

We are taking the mickey due to your high standards. Standards that should be applauded and not criticised.

You fell on your own sword with your fantastic tale due to someone else applauding you for perfection !

Spelling mistakes, stone chips, tar marks - who cares ? It's the journey that counts !!!

Don't worry, I'm playing along... ;)

All in good fun. Won't be leaving anytime soon. (Whoops, there's an Americanism I was decrying the other day...)

037537_0.jpg

You can get the size checking thing free at the post office which basically does the same thing and has usefull info on what different size items are classed as.

Last edited:
You could have simply printed the postage online youself and saved yourself all the hassle it is much easier. No need to go to the PO unless you need to send recorded, special delivery etc but you can still print the postage for them at home yourself.

sorry to sound selfish, but if he did that we would've missed out on this wonderful, well-written story.

Maybe Others Can't Actually Spell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom