Pretty Impressed by MB Design

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petermansell

Car
C 250 CDI Coupe
So after six and a bit years my CLK near side rear light fails....:( I know this because my dash display tells me ..... and then says that the RESERVE tail light is on:thumb:

Pretty impressive. Well done MB.

That's because they have had so many problems on previous models with the rear clusters failing 210, 208 etc, too many warranty claims I expect!

Wifes did this recently and i think the reserve is just the fog lamp on dim.

Her first was a 96 w210 and i spent ages messing with the rear light clusters!

Lynall

I remember years ago when we had a W203 in.. instead if the indicator flashing the front fog was flashing.. We were scratching our heads for ages... we were about to rewire the car when we realised what was happening.

Setright once famously said 'there is more cleverness per cubic inch in a Mercedes-Benz than any other make of car' .

This is just further proof of that statement .

i was getting this same error message yesterday on my w203,but it has dissappeared today,does that mean it is intermittent or that i have been warned and need to check the bulb(..will be doing this later today btw)

All Mercs, at least the ones I can afford, seems to munch through bulbs fairly happily. Not sure why they do but it's noticable, it is useful when they tell you that a bulb is right rather than relying on checking them yourself.

From personal experience, I think the rate at which bulbs are blown is equatable to a) the quality of roads, b) how fast you drive over them :eek:

i was getting this same error message yesterday on my w203,but it has dissappeared today,does that mean it is intermittent or that i have been warned and need to check the bulb(..will be doing this later today btw)
Bulb is either on it's way out or is poorly seated in the socket. Also socket/bulb may have some corrosion on it. I had one that had basically blown but the filament was still making contact! :rolleyes:
All Mercs, at least the ones I can afford, seems to munch through bulbs fairly happily. Not sure why they do but it's noticable, it is useful when they tell you that a bulb is right rather than relying on checking them yourself.
Do they eat more bulbs? If you're driving another car and a tail light bulb blows you don't know about it until someone points it out about 6 months later! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom