Project C43 W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hope your painting door handles body colour? :)

Didnt fancy W210 blinking mirror mod? Easy to wire...

Had those Mods on my 43, looks great :)

Hope your painting door handles body colour? :)

Didnt fancy W210 blinking mirror mod? Easy to wire...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't you start the temptation! :D

It has taken everything I have to try and refrain from modding it, wanting to make it look factory new. I admittedly have caved with some 'minor' easily reversible mods (18" monoblocks, springs & shocks, orange indicators :)oops::eek::rolleyes::p). Oh and if you want standard door handles (non CC, sure I read somewhere, it wasn't even an option?:wallbash:) they will need replacing, as they had to be!

Keep it as close to oem as you can, well done for saving a c43, awesome cars.

Reactions: Abb
I was informed recently it was nigh on complete, as in machine polish complete! :eek::eek: Was almost there and in true project style, there is a last few minute parts to buy (bonnet pull latch £3.12:p, slam panel stickers, arch liners but to name a few) no to mention the battery has given up (so thats being replaced under MB Warranty) so delayed by a few days.

Popped in to see it and was very very impressed to see it! The finish on the paint is like glass and it hasn't had its final polish yet.

Couldn't resist a few sneaky pics, heres a few....

IMG_3981.jpeg

Is there anything more retro than orange indicators :D (Yes I know the bonnets popped)

IMG_3986.jpeg

My attempt at an 'arty' shot! Looking forward to getting behind the wheel :) Under the current weather conditions, that may be quite some time :(:mad:

Anyhow.....

IMG_3978.jpeg

Not long now. A black AMG cap on the parcel shelf will finish the look off.

That’s a good looking CLS in the background of your ‘arty’ shot too. I wonder who’s that is?

Not long now. A black AMG cap on the parcel shelf will finish the look off.

That’s a good looking CLS in the background of your ‘arty’ shot too. I wonder who’s that is?

Ritchy, that’s not my arty shot! :D my arty one is the last one!!

That CLS in the back round I think was waiting to go to the scrapper!

That CLS in the back round I think was waiting to go to the scrapper!

No you sold it to me for scrap price remember....

Looks great

Will you be having it Ceramic coated ?

W210 Facelift are bodycolour

The W210 door handles where the ones I had, so much better than Rubbery ones :)

Stunning Abb, it will be nice to see it in the flesh one of these days.

Will you be having it Ceramic coated ?

The W210 door handles where the ones I had, so much better than Rubbery ones :)

It will indeed have a ceramic coating applied.
I must say, the paintwork is simply stunning, it’s as smooth as glass and has great depth, which is hard to capture in the pics.

Popped in today to drop off some more last minute bits again! Headlamp wash wipe was playing up, so dropped a couple of motors off, fingers crossed that solves the problem!

Had been MOT’d and sailed straight through without any advisories! :)

Am supposed to get it back within the nx few days, fully completed, so will def get some decent pics up.

Think before taking possession I will hand it over to my indie for a final healthy check and an ATF change.

I have bought the fluid, gasket, filter, stretch bolts, as once this has been done, it will be getting coveted over the winter and brought out of hibernation next year!

Due to having to return back to work in the coming days, I knew I would not have time to see it completely finished 100%. The last thing was to do a final stage machine polish and take some pics both inside and out.

The car was put back onto the 17s following the MOT, due to the wheel/tyre combo arguing with the wheel arches! I need some narrow tyres both front and rear if I am to keep it on the 18s.

It wont be truely finished until the ATF change has been done, wheel/tyre situation rectified, wheel alignment, number plates changed with no badge on, and a couple of other minor points.

I know it really is a bit of metal all said and done, but it has certainly tested my patience (not too mention my wallet) at times, but I can safely say I am glad I didn't give up on her.

Guess with cars of this vintage there will always be something to do. I just hope it will be quite some time before anything major is required though ;)

For those I haven't bored to death, heres some pics (sorry about the quality) and none of the interior either:oops:

On the 18s...

WUAT0643.jpeg WCEX2403.jpeg IMG_3989.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the Amber Indicators, She looks stunning mate

Thanks Gav, I know they are not 'correct' as they should be white/clear as it is a facelift, however they are brand new OEM and one of my minor reversible mods, to retain its originality.

Need to get the tyres for 18s sorted, as the current OEM 17s were given a quick refurb (hence finish of them) as the plan was to be competed. wearing the 18s. Which would have worked had I not got the wrong tyres :wallbash:

Oh the boot badge has still not been fitted due to final polish had not been carried out at this point.

So close.......but no cigar :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom