Project C43 W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just bought 210 handles and bolted straight on best mod ever for less than 50 squids a set. Just can't understand why they were not included on the c43 as they were available in the parts bin.

That's what I did with my 43 and also had 210 Blinking Mirror's then had the Front Wing Indicators Blanked

The quality of work is 2nd to none to be honest, the price not so :(. It will definitely be worth it in the end, well that what I keep telling myself anyway :D

It will definitely be making appearances at the meets, thats for sure. May not be packed with the tech & performance of the beauties such as your own, but will hold it's own even just for the shiny shiny paintwork if nothing else :)

First off all.
Big respect for done work, time and money effort to this save c43.

On c43 paint shop will put some rustproofing treatment? Like on under car and behind front wings?
On front metal bumper rust will be to removed? And it repainted?

Thanks for your reply.

First off all.
Big respect for done work, time and money effort to this save c43.

On c43 paint shop will put some rustproofing treatment? Like on under car and behind front wings?
On front metal bumper rust will be to removed? And it repainted?

Thanks for your reply.

Every panel has been treated prior to it being sprayed and fitted, as well as the rustproofing being done on the underside once completed. :)

Just asked for an update and got sent a few more pics via whatsapp, so apologies for the quality of them. Making a little more progress, sloooooooowly........

Interior coming together....

c0adbee9-ed33-463b-8087-fa2141fdd7e1.jpg 0736da56-5261-4cde-83af-dfa28dfddbf2.jpg

Door handles colour coded...

68c39506-010c-4ef1-935c-01cbdf6dd81d.jpg

Bonnet and bumper back on...

062bdeba-d3f8-4542-bc61-acbb94329ffd.jpg

Can anyone help me with the part number for interior door scuff/tread plates? Or does anyone have a full set lying about they want to part with?

Thanks Chris. Is the cupholder compatible with the UK cars, as in does it open in the correct direction?

Hi Abb, No worries hopefully you'll find what your after.

I find some pics off my laptop I bought it was bought from Mercedes Waterhouse for my C240 out of all the foldy cup holders I had for my Mercs this one has always been my favourite I can't remember which way it opens but never had a problem with it.

They don't make them any more and needs a good home, if your interested once your car is back together i'll post it and you can try it out we can sort it out after that. Other I'm going to make little plinth for my desk for novelty value :)

While typing this and doing half dozen other thing I found the pictures ...

IMG_0999.JPG IMG_1001.JPG IMG_1004.JPG IMG_1005.JPG

Can anyone help me with the part number for interior door scuff/tread plates? Or does anyone have a full set lying about they want to part with?

Are they C43 specific or just normal 202 ones which match the interior trim colour?

My 202 has got the 'shiny stainless' OEM option.

AFAIK they are just W202 ones. Mine are plain black with 2 silver coloured strips on them. Didn't realise the SS ones were even an option, so thanks fo that.

My spares are dark blue, unfortunately.

IIRC, the stainless set had an OEM part number.
They look much nicer, plus the plastic ones seem to lose the ally strips eventually.
I'll post a photo up.

The Cupholders are still available via MB i bought one not too long ago for mine a bit pricey though circa £55 ish

(quick search on ebay and they are about £40 +)
Mercedes-Benz-E-W210-Cup-Holder-B66920101

the strips for the doors - the SS ones are factory options but nla now i think (not sure)
there was some carrlson ones for sale on fleabay but with an amg car kinda makes them redundant lol

just buy new aluminium strip and stick them down if you cant find any mate, the plasctic part is pretty durable

Raj

Cheers Raj for the info.

I have ordered the tread plates for the doors, all 4 new OEM....why not throw some more £££ at the bottomless pit! :D They were ordered a few days ago from my local dealership and are coming from Germany within 5 days.

The not needed/never will get used cup holder will be on its way soon too. :)

So my besties at MB called to let me know my parts had arrived, picked up and dropped off at the bodyshop together with bonnet washer nozzles.

Obligatory pics....

3668c813-a8d7-4a84-8ddc-8abb23fab0b0.jpeg
fe7af956-87eb-4a13-8a1f-3f043bf6917a.jpeg

Grill fitted and looking blingy! For those that are in the know, this grill is not for the 43. It was fitted to the AG models I believe.
Again, as much as I am not 'modding' this, I do think it is a nice improvement on the original one. The grill section was purchased used and has polished up very well. the surround is the original. The original slatted grill has been retained together with any original parts which have been changed out (such as wheels, springs etc)

be0a0304-5165-4e86-b7bd-7cda6d7b4130.jpg
3eb2ab54-9dd7-43d8-831d-005f4d4333ae.jpg

I had that Grill on my C43 . Looking good. The wheels will finish it off :)

As the project is nearing completion, possibly days away! Have had to get some last minute parts, which were either NLA, extortionately priced for what they were, or not available separately (wing mirror gaskets comes to mind), but fear not my parts queries were answered and solved by a member on here, so a massive thank you to @a111r for helping me out no end!

Received the following pic and quote from Andy, so thank you once again.

thumbnail_DSCN3153.jpg

The intrepid C200 donor car. Economically terminal DAS failure means that 3 x C43s* live on with its donor NLA/too pricey plasticy- bits. And I thought folk would want the rust free panels!

*Abb, Noogieman and Feeble

Hope your painting door handles body colour? :)

Didnt fancy W210 blinking mirror mod? Easy to wire...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks Abb, happy to have helped you out. Look forward to the big reveal!
This car was originally bought for a project that's very probably dead in the water now. I blame the Mayor for that...

Soon to be moved on now, as a divorce will cost me £500K;). I'll be saving all the body panels, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom