Protection after bodyshop

chrisk2010

MB Enthusiast
Car
C230 w203
I think that I'll bite the bullet and pay a visit tomorrow morning to see the results. Ed can't see me until September, so I'll find time to detail it myself until we return from Europe (lockdowns pending etc). Wish me luck lads, it's been emotional!
Good luck mate I hope it all goes well.

Dazsw

Car
2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 2010 Clio 1.2
I've never been happy with any work from various bodyshops, never seem to pay enough attention to detail.

OP
OP
bolidemichael

bolidemichael

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500
Don't be a harbinger of doom, Daz, I'm trying to stay chipper about my visit to see the 'results'! ;)

Dazsw

Car
2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 2010 Clio 1.2
Don't be a harbinger of doom, Daz, I'm trying to stay chipper about my visit to see the 'results'! ;)
You will be fine this time mate, now that you've seen their standard work, they will pull out all the stops, like they should always do.

OP
OP
bolidemichael

bolidemichael

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500
I received a call today from the chap that went around spotting the vehicle with me. He said that it's going to be ready at 1pm. I hadn't realised that it wasn't actually finished, but could've guesses :D

He assures me that it's spot on now and that he spent eleven hours going round the vehicle identifying imperfections and flat polishing, which they did three times rather than five/six, as they know that I'll be taking the car to Ed at Divine.

I'm going to go and see it later today...

OP
OP
bolidemichael

bolidemichael

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500
There is progress

Stand out issues are that the roof hasn't been touched up and finished. The bonnet colour slightly mismatched the wings and there is a ripple in the boot lid curve.

LeeJV

Car
Mercedes C63 AMG editon 507
:wallbash::wallbash:,, oh dear I'm guessing you won't using them again.... how much was the bill for this matey

OP
OP
bolidemichael

bolidemichael

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500
I haven't collected yet. Hopefully they'll have. everything sorted by Wednesday.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Looks alright to me, but then they always do in pictures/videos I guess :cool:

How‘s it look in the flesh, are you happy with it? :)

OP
OP
bolidemichael

bolidemichael

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500
Some bits of trim need to be refitted and there are a couple of areas where the lacquer has been marred by last minute polishing - that can be buffed. The lip on the inside of the petrol cap hasn't been painted, which is a bit irritating.

Also, the ns mirror mechanism has been damaged and will cost a f*ck-ton to replace, but I'm willing to attribute that to the multiple times in the oven making the already brittle wiring even more brittle.

Overall, it's quite an excellent job and the pain is consistent in application and tone with matching panels and no eyesores anywhere that cannot be corrected.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Would you be able to share the cost for the work, and what was involved (ie the reason for the repaint?)

To me it looks very smart for an ‘04 plate 211, and I’m sure it will look great once you’ve sorted out those last bits and pieces :cool:

Only thing I noticed straight away - the wiper arm needs adjusting! ;)

OP
OP
bolidemichael

bolidemichael

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500
Would you be able to share the cost for the work, and what was involved (ie the reason for the repaint?)
The reason for the repaint is in post #43. However, I didn't expect the repaint, they just did it because it was the correct thing to do in order to rectify the work - they even repainted the bonnet.

Here is the bill, as requested.

3E6C99E5-427A-413B-869B-A8CA907DEE46.jpeg

Only thing I noticed straight away - the wiper arm needs adjusting!
The rear wiper arm? The motor or the wiring has failed and I have decided to postpone the repair or replacement until a later date, as there are a number of mechanical items to address which will cost a fair whack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom