• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Puzzle

Dragon

Banned
Who know the answer to this trivial problem?

If I forgot to plug in the mouse or keyboard on a PC before it boots up, it won't recognise the mouse or keyboard, until the next reboot.

However on a laptop there is no problem on belated plug in either the external mouse or keyboard after it booted.

What do I have to do on the PC so that it behaves like the laptop?

I was always told that plugging a ps2 mouse or keyboard into a "live" computer was just about the daftest thing you could do - it's a very quick and easy way of stuffing your motherboard

If it's USB then it doesn't matter and Windows will recognise it straight away whatever the machine is

I was always told that plugging a ps2 mouse or keyboard into a "live" computer was just about the daftest thing you could do - it's a very quick and easy way of stuffing your motherboard

If it's USB then it doesn't matter and Windows will recognise it straight away whatever the machine is

Plugging in a ps2 keyboard into a laptop seemed OK.

ps2 connections are NOT designed for hot swapping. That's why we have USB

Actually Dragon, forget that because you obviously know better and it doesn't bother me if it does break your computer

go into your start up BIOS and rearrange your sequence. if it blows up good luck. if it works oh dear:

Actually Dragon, forget that because you obviously know better and it doesn't bother me if it does break your computer

Ha ha ha, I did it so many times on my laptop and PC plugging in a ps2 keyboard after it booted and it still OK after 8 years. :D

Never encounter any warning in any motherboard manuals not to plug in ps2 devices after power up.:bannana:

Bit upsetting if it doesn't though.:rolleyes:

Why are your keyboard and mouse unplugged anyway?

Why are his keyboard and mouse unplugged? They are embarrassed :D

How do you pronoun it?

You want to make the number five a pronoun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom