Quickly Disable Keyless Go When Parked Up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
E220d Estate S213 2017
Don't know if anyone else does this but I always push my lock button on key fob Twice quickly when parked especially overnight, as this alone disables my Keyless Go, so key won't be sending signal all the time stopping someone cloning it plus saving the battery. Push unlock Twice quickly reverts back. Remember to do the spare key too !!

I put my fobs in metal container for extra security too. 😷👍

Don't know if anyone else does this but I always push my lock button on key fob Twice quickly when parked especially overnight, as this alone disables my Keyless Go, so key won't be sending signal all the time stopping someone cloning it plus saving the battery. Push unlock Twice quickly reverts back. Remember to do the spare key too !!

I always do a 2 push on my key fob but i did notice that no matter where i put the fob in the house it will unlock the car . i read that in my area the car thieves are using a device that searches your fob and activates it .

I keep mine in security bags.

Double click doesn't disable my keyless (2013 SL350). I do use a faraday pouch though.

Double clicking doesn’t disable the keyless it enables the deadlocks and you only need to unlock the car with one click of the fob, deadlock the car and keep both your fobs in faraday bags when not in use

Double clicking doesn’t disable the keyless it enables the deadlocks
Double-clicking the lock button prevents the fob transmitting and so prevents keyless entry either with the key close to the car or via a relay attack. No need for a Faraday bag if this is done with both keys.

I suspect it varies according to model TBH. I use the double-press-lock on the key of my 2016 C and it does indeed disable the Keyless Go function, and that procedure is clearly and explicitly described in the manual, using the words "KEYLESS-GO is deactivated"

Once a key is deactivated, the car will still shout if someone tries the handle, but it won't get a response from the key.

The manual makes no mention of deadlocks either.

All the above applies for my 2016 C350e - YMMV.

Yes by enabling the deadlocks
Stop the disinformation: It’s nothing to do with deadlocks.

You can be far out of range of the car when you double-click the fob lock button and keyless entry with that key will be disabled, solely because it stops the fob transmitting.

Yes by enabling the deadlocks, and if you lock the car via the Mercedes me app this also locks the car with deadlocks and the keyless entry won’t work.
Well that's certainly not how my last 3 cars have behaved, so you are incorrect.
Double press of lock just stops the key transmitting signal.
My current car disables the key after a certain amount of time if the key is not moved

When you say Metal Tin what type of tin are you talking of, a Tin is not a reliable thing to use. I would suggest that you put your key in the Tin, walk up to the car and try and open it before you put tour trust in a Tin :)

Your best bet is to get yourself a couple of Farady Pouches, one for the key you are using and one for your Spare key. They are quite cheap on Fleabay. :)

Also as previously said a double click on the lock button on your key will also stop the key from transmitting a signal :)

As featured in my volume 4 video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Faraday pouches don’t last for ever, I’ve never had more than a year out of one before it stopped blocking the signal. Only found out whilst washing the car with the pouch in my pocket.

When you say Metal Tin what type of tin are you talking of, a Tin is not a reliable thing to use. I would suggest that you put your key in the Tin, walk up to the car and try and open it before you put tour trust in a Tin :)
I have mine in a coffee "tin". Looks like stainless, but could be anything except mild steel cos its non-magnetic. Works when up beside the car until you remove the lid. The "tin" test works o_O :)

I have mine in a coffee "tin". Looks like stainless, but could be anything except mild steel cos its non-magnetic. Works when up beside the car until you remove the lid. The "tin" test works o_O :)
I read that the key should be isolated from the metal of the 'cage' - probably the housing of the fob is enough to do that I guess. But I keep mine in a plastic pot which I've wrapped in aluminium foil, so that the key only touches the interior plastic surface. The removable lid is also wrapped, and makes contact with the rest of the pot when closed. It passes the tin test.

Reading this thread, it's striking how inconvenient these Keyless Go systems would seem.?
emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom